Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By jackscr
Hello,
I've got an output setup through the ULN2803 for 10sec timer that is really giving me problems
First I tried it with just one condition to activate when rpm was higher or equal than 500 but that turned on and off randomly for whatever reason... than I added a second condition just after 10s from power on to turn on the output... That seemed to work fine but after driving along I saw that it still cut out for a split second and turn immediately on ... what the f is going on?
Any suggestions to solve this? ,please
Attachments
Untitled2.png
Untitled2.png (37.46 KiB) Viewed 4290 times
By theonewithin
Is that for wideband?

Just use the Fuel pump output.

Unless you are using a completely useless controller, there is no need to mess around with timers or anything.

Also. Your actual tune and a log would be needed to see what is happening.
By jackscr
Yes it is for wideband but also a power steering controller. And I am using an innovate controller that powers on the heating immediately as power is supplied to it which means that any condensation formed will damage the sensor, this is especially important for lsu 4.9 sensors but 4.2 are affected as well. Read the bosch recommendation and you will see this is true.
But this is besides the point I need to set up a timer for the EPAS anyway.. and speeduino is so far not cooperating , I do not think expecting for a programmable output to work as intended is too much to ask.
I will log it when it happens but as I've said it is very sporadic and I just encountered this problem.
I will try with just the Seconds condition active and see if it works.
By theonewithin
The thing is it may be working "as intended".

What you think it is meant to do may not be what is intended.

You could have a pin conflict with something else but you haven't given many details to know this.

Hence a log and your tune is needed to ensure all is well first.

Oh and condensation issue is over rated.

The majority of Speeduino's just use FP power for their WB and there is no massive number of failures of O2 sensors.
By jackscr
Yes it is board 0.4.3c and yes pin 47 is fan output, but I switched the fan output to pin 53 and turned it off, it seemed to work fine with other outputs doing it this way. It would be kind of weird for the output to work 99.9% of the time and the other time be in conflict, wouldn't it?
I attached a tune file.
Attachments
(80.22 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
By theonewithin
I have read somewhere from memory that the programmable outputs may not work correctly on outputs that are set a board defaults.

You may have to try changing the code so the board defaults for fan is something else and test.

Alternatively try the good old EEPROM clear and firmware/basetune/ your tune reload.
By jackscr
theonewithin wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:12 pm I have read somewhere from memory that the programmable outputs may not work correctly on outputs that are set a board defaults.

You may have to try changing the code so the board defaults for fan is something else and test.

Alternatively try the good old EEPROM clear and firmware/basetune/ your tune reload.
Yeah I know I read that too, but it seemed to work fine, I guess it's not that easy.. :(
Thank you for all your suggestions I will try everything in order of most easy to change to more involved.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?