Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
Mounted the fuel filter today. Using the factory hard lines adapted to the CIS style filter with banjo fittings. This may be a temporary mount, but I like the location.
I'm working on the mounting the pump soon. After that I need to remove the carburetor and intake so I get on with the fuel rail.

Guess I got more done than I expected I would today.
The fuel pump is mocked up. the bolt for the mount was there so I think I could use what comes on the gas car/GTI ( originally diesel ). Need to run the wiring and finish the hanger.
And then I took off the carb intake and test fit the intake and rail.
Corrado/Digifant rail and bracket with MK1 CIS intake
You just have to drill and tap one hole in the head.
It all fits like it was meant to... Possibly because it was.
Unfortunately I will have to move my TPS but It was very close.
Here's everything together.
By soultron
Got my ECU and wasn't sure my old laptop would connect. Got an HC 06 but wasn't smart enough for it (mostly joking) . Took a bit of messing around in the command prompt but the laptop connects via usb now. I can get get the Bluetooth going later.

My proposed TPS mount is not gonna clear the firewall ( see picture ) but I found a way to mount it below that will work fine.

also found out the plug in my exhaust is not for an O2 sensor. I'll have to look into that.
Drilled and tapped the head for the injector mount.

Trying to get the intake and fuel lines on semi permanently this week.
And I wasn't gonna do ignition at first but I got bored and this kinda just happened.

Much further in now. Slowly going through each sensor and checking them out. So far only having trouble with the coolant temp sensor. Either have to find the values for the one in the water neck or get another that will fit in its place that's in the current list. I lean toward the second of these options as it's a pretty old sensor. Went a bit overboard on my "temporary" relay board.
Initial assembly is done. Decided to go with a SpeedyEFI Fishdog and it's been very simple. I have the wiring done ( left it long till its all running) and I'm doing testing. Need to clock the trigger wheel and double check everything. Temp sensors are good, tps is working, power to the injectors and coil. Can't get the ECU to prime the fuel pump, so I need to figure that out.

Edit : Thought the pump control wire was sending 12v, set it to ground the relay and it worked fine. Checked for leaks under pressure and it's looking good. Onto the trigger wheel.

By conor32
this is a cool biuld mate! im getting stuck into my 8v scirocco going from kjet to speeduino, i had the same idear with the digi parts to make it work, glad to see it does! good luck with the rest of it!
Might be getting ahead of myself but the 1.8 distributor turns the oil pump so you can't just remove it.
I took a wonky repop I had and cut off it's head. I will need to close the top and slip in the pin, but this came out fine.

Getting back to it. Image
I have the main sensors (air temp, water temp, tps, wideband) working in tunerstudio. I have most of what I need to do distributor less (coil pack) but I'll need to attach my trigger wheel and sensor. I am considering going with the distributor and bosch module for now just to get the car mobile.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?