Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By stum
Ok. Next question for someone who has done some simulation.

I will need to do some testing of the Mega and Speeduino board to test the IAC control.

Is it as simple as getting another Arduino board, rite some code to output a 5v signal to replicate the trigger (12-1 in my case) , set the input from VR (current config) -> Hall on the jumpers. Join the earths (0 volts) and send it.

Will that be enough to make the speeduino think it is running and start to output some IAC signals. Then I can trace the signals with my volt meter.

Cheers StuM
By stum
Thank you for the quick reply. I was expecting it to be easy. but not that easy.... :D

I was just wanting to find out if it needed any other signals to get it to play nicely. but no.

Brilliant, and thanks again
By dazq
stum wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:12 am Thank you for the quick reply. I was expecting it to be easy. but not that easy.... :D

I was just wanting to find out if it needed any other signals to get it to play nicely. but no.

Brilliant, and thanks again
You should also ground any unused inputs via a resistor ( 1 to 10k is fine) to prevent any random triggering of other functions that may affect operation whilst testing.
By Dagaz_Psi
U can also use a pot to adjust the colanttemp wich effects the dutycycle of the iac.
And blow in it at the same time to find its effective range.
Wont work without rpm signal though.
By stum
Thank you all for your input

I have the simulator up and running..... Bit of a journey for my china clone........ drivers..... update Arduino IDE........

And It takes a while to connect to the GUI V0.0.4 Josh's new Ardustim (Fork). Is this normal, or one of the joys of a cheep UNO clone.

Its currently sitting on the kitchen table at 6000rpm :shock: See how long it lasts.... hehe

But this will allow me to continue (well actually start) to test. I've just got the signal sent into Crank, Hall jumper.... and its doing its thing. nothing else.

Cheers and thanks again.

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

See my earlier post . The Base Tune sets t[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?