Speeduino is now on Github Sponsors (Rather than Patreon): https://github.com/sponsors/noisymime
Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
I have a speedyefi Fishdog UA4C ecu which I recently got my 1994 Legacy running on. I swapped over to a 36-2-2-2 crankshaft sprocket when I installed the ECU. Everything seems to be OK and the car will start but it runs SUPER rough. When I put a timing light on the crank pulley to see where it was relative to what the Ignition Advance gauge, the timing mark was nowhere near the timing marks on the timing cover. It was probably 30 degrees to the other side of the timing marks. Any help or advice would be super appreciated!
Lick the timing to a fixed value (under the spark menu - can't remember the exact name).

Put the timing light on, adjust the trigger offset till the timing light is at the same angle you fixed the ignition at.
theonewithin wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:17 pm
Please read the wiki.

It tells you about trigger angle adjustment.
I've looked over https://wiki.speeduino.com/en/configura ... gger_Setup and https://wiki.speeduino.com/en/decoders/Subaru_36-2-2-2 and maybe I'm missing something but I can't figure out which tooth would be #1 for the 36-2-2-2. I was told that a trigger angle between -5 and -10 would work which is what I have been going with so I'm not sure if that's the issue. I tried the settings listed in the 36-2-2-2 wiki page as well to no but those didn't do the trick either.
miker wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:41 pm
Lick the timing to a fixed value (under the spark menu - can't remember the exact name).

Put the timing light on, adjust the trigger offset till the timing light is at the same angle you fixed the ignition at.
Yeah! I wish I could... I saw people using that setting (I think its trigger wizard?) But I don't think I can use it for the 36-2-2-2 wheel... At least I haven't been able to find it anywhere in tuner studio.
Please read the decoder page again. It is very important that you read every word. It tells you Trigger Angle, which tooth is #1, etc. Verify you used the correct H4 wheel, mounted the wheel in proper orientation and direction, and settings according to the info. If your sensors are VR, then be sure to apply the correct Rising or Falling edge setting for your specific conditioner type and proper sensor polarity.
gabrielopardo wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:20 pm
miker wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:41 pm

Yeah! I wish I could... I saw people using that setting (I think its trigger wizard?) But I don't think I can use it for the 36-2-2-2 wheel... At least I haven't been able to find it anywhere in tuner studio.
Stop looking at megasquirt guides for TunerStudio...

They are not relevant for this.

Please as already stated by myself and 2 others, read the Speeduino wiki so you understand what you are meant to do.

Great, I might buy one now

Simple diagram for 2ch Bosch 200 ignitor

CLT sensor wrong reading

Once again as above. You need to find and fix you[…]

Kawasaki Concours 2.0

Going bonkers trying to wire up a Bosch LSU4.9 to […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?