For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
By kettlekev
Sorry, didnt mean to offend with the 'bug' comment. I fully appreciate this is a complex system, I work with software engineers so know how annoying that can be but I was running out of options and the hardware seemed fine.....

EDIT....and it did work momentarily on sequential but stopped when TPS was moved down and up again.......

My advice on running sequential was obviously wrong but I have tried all options now and still no signals......
By NickZ
the rounded edges are from a filtering capacitor on the Input pins if the speeduino board on the crank and cam inputs.
they will harm the signal if you run 60-2 at around 9000 RPM, nothing you need to worry about yet, ok for 36-1 as its around 18,000 rpm before problems (18,000 is a guess but higher than you'll get too).

you must have a CAM signal connected to run Sequential and don't leave the cam signal floating when in sequential as it may pick up noise and think its a valid signal and start running (may have happened before and why it worked for awhile)

if you have cam connected you are not getting a signal, stick you scope on pin 18 and see what is there.
By JHolland
You're putting a square wave signal into the VR conditioner, the filtering effect will be much less when you put in an actual VR signal. You might want to try reducing the input capacitance because you will get a gradually timing drift as rpm increases, how much will depend on your sensor and the caps you will need to test it.
By NickZ
ive answered your other post also (bugs/issues). But the reason you can't get it working is you have Injectors on sequential as well and it will never sync without a CAM signal
change them to paired or semi.
Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 7.42.07 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 7.42.07 pm.png (98.78 KiB) Viewed 4995 times
By kettlekev
NickZ

Brilliant thanks.

Changing the injector layout sorted the recognising RPM issue with crank only trigger.

When I started all this I looked at Micro/Megasquirts but was turned off them because they could handle a 3 cylinder 2 stroke with firing 120 degrees apart.

Some of the forum guys suggested Speeduino could handle independent channel timing but unless I am still misunderstanding (which is likely), I cant see a way to get 3 separate channels even though engine constants allows me to enter a 3 cylinder 2 stroke setup?

Is semi-sequential injector and wasted COP ignition the setup for this?

Appreciate the help, I am two years into this race bike build and this is the last hurdle......

EDIT...bit more digging and maybe I have it? Is this correct? The only weird thing is I have 4 ignition channels (as far as the lights are concerned) now and 3 injectors ??
injectors.PNG
injectors.PNG (31.17 KiB) Viewed 4987 times
Last edited by kettlekev on Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By kettlekev
I found an interesting sequence...

1. Spark settings set to wasted COP - 1 & 3 and 2 & 4 ignition circuits fire as expected
2. Change setting to sequential, burn then do power reset - no ignition (because no cam signal)
3. Change back to wasted COP and BURN (no power reset) - 3 ignition circuits firing 1,2,3 which is what I need BUT power reset sets it back to 1&3 and 2&4 (normal wasted COP).
4. Injector layout is semi-sequential which works fine for 3 injectors, 120 degrees apart.

Seems like it is possible to almost get a 3 cylinder sequence.......
By boroko
I was on this merry-go-round for a day or so and finally figured out my dumb mistake. Using a Speedy Sim to drive a new UA4C. TunerStudio getting TPS changes, but not RPM. Tried all the settings I could find to no avail. During my playing, I touched the top of the VR board and got some LED's. Scoped the signals and realized I had forgotten to add the jumpers to select VR or Direct input under the VR board... it wasn't going anywhere. Hopefully this adds something more to look at for those that run into this.
bo
By boroko
On a related note, is there any documentation on the DIY-EFI SpeedySim?
Now that I got the VR adapter mistake figured out, I have a couple of other issues. It is driving the UA4C correctly with RPM, CAM, all 4 injector, and Ignition signals getting to the ECU. What I'm not getting is any control over the CLT or IAT coming out of the sim (scoped them). Also, a couple of the LED's on the sim are not showing even though they are getting to the ECU. Not a big problem, just wanted to sort it.
DIY-EFI's site says documentation is "coming soon". Haven't found anything with searches. Running Josh's 0.0.4 Speeduino fork.

Also thought I'd mention that the forum's instructions can be confusing about using the sim and the system in general. The "Beginners Guide by a beginner.." has you go through the GUI route, loading a couple of different pieces of software, but it seems Josh's Speeduino fork has it included. A system like this that is always dynamically improved lends itself to help and instructions that are sometimes out of date. That being said, it surprises me when I see snarky comments to those that are trying to understand and maybe went down an older track. It is tough to keep up, and even tougher to have kept up with thousands of posts and know the current state of affairs. There are some that don't bother to try, but many others that do, and ask for clarification. I would ask that if you do post an answer about something, try and summarize and add the little details that catch people up to where things are currently. A huge "Thank you" to those that already do. You have helped me tremendously.
By boroko
I appreciate your response, and I agree that contacting DIY-EFI is the best source for hardware information. That being said, I asked here because there some overlap by using a Speeduino fork for firmware, and some possibility of experience here with this issue.

@PSIG Thank you Dave 👍 I will do some 'probing'. […]

Thank you. Ill try as soon as I can. These setti[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

cps.PNG With the crank at TDC, rotation is clo[…]

Ok, here is the first version of the adapter plate[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?