Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By tgrossb
So I'm working my way towards putting a turbo onto my 97 Miata (1.8 l, 64 pin ecu, OBD2 for anyone who isn't familiar), and I chose to install a Speeduino UA4C from WTMtronics. I build the board, and all is well. However, my next hurdle is installing it in my car. I want to install my speeduino as a stand-alone ECU, so I bought a female plug and am trying to essentially build a pnp harness.

This is where the difficulty comes in. The outputs are all listed on the UA4C board, and I assumed it would be a matter of looking up my ECU pin outs, matching up wires, and connecting. I found a couple different partial pin outs, from which I've been able to piece together most of the required connections. My problem is when it comes to pins that I see on my stock ecu pin outs that I can't figure out how to place on my speeduino.

For example, following the pin outs I found here: https://www.flyinmiata.com/support/inst ... rewire.pdf, I've identified pin 1H on the stock ecu as "Headlight switch". What I can't decipher is if this is an extraneous input that my stock ecu was using and my speeduino won't, or if it's something I need to connect elsewhere to some proto circuit.

I'm sorry that this is a pretty broad question, if I need to get more specific please let me know, I'd be glad to. Thanks in advance, love the open source life.
By theonewithin
That would be to tell the stock ECU that an extra electrical load has been applied to the alternator and to increase idle slightly to compensate.

You can keep it or not. Up to you.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?