For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
By Banjo
Have been playing with the Ardustim Alpha version, over the weekend, that was released at the end of August 2020.

I had a couple of issues.
I could not achieve Ardustim burning the hex firmware file to my Arduinon UNO. It just sat there "preparing to burn".

I figured that it was looking for the hex file, but couldn't find it. I copied & pasted the hex file to a couple of places, but no joy. I then used XLoader to burn the hex file to the UNO, & bingo, the Ardustim worked perfectly.

Xloader allows you to select the folder where the hex file resides. Assuming that "the location of the hex file", was why I could not use Ardustim to burn the hex file, does anyone know where it should be located ? Alternatively, maybe a nice addition to Ardustim, would be to add a function, similar to XLoader, that allows you to select the folder, where the hex file resides.

The second issue was, that I couldn't readily find out what I/O terminals of the UNO, the Ardustim was using. I did find a reference on the net that indicated that the pot input was fed into A0, which worked perfectly. I couldn't find any reference, as to which I/O terminals were used for the crank & cam pulse outputs. A quick test with my logic probe found crank pulses from digital 8 pin, & cam from digital 9 pin, so all good there.

The third issue I came across was that there was no trigger wheel selection for a 36-1 wheel, with crank & cam pulses. I already have a 36-1 trigger wheel mounted on the engine I am fitting the Speeduino to, & already have a cam pulse, so I can run full sequential. the 4-1, 6-1, 8-1, 12-1, & 24-1, selections, all have crank & cam outputs, but not the 36-1, which is a very popular trigger wheel. There is a 36-1 wheel listed, with "crank with 2nd trigger on teeth 33-44", but not sure what specific application, this was designed for. Would be very nice to have a 36-1 C + C added to the trigger wheel listings.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?