Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
JHolland wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:02 pm In my experience the problem only usually occurs if you have a VR interface set to adaptive mode or if the VR interface is badly matched to the VR sensor. ... With adaptive threshold the increased output amplitude can push the threshold level up to a point where the next tooth is not seen.
+1 to this analysis. "Smart" signal conditioners such as the MAX series in adaptive mode (how most of them are configured) can "blind" the chip to following lower-amplitude signals. As most aftermarket ECMs have used the MAX or similar "smart" chips, this is the default cause for common solutions. The number of missing teeth is not the issue in most cases, nor is the shape of the gap. These are workarounds used to compensate for the actions of certain signal conditioners.

However, this issue can be simply side-stepped by using a different mode, or using a signal conditioner that is not prone to being tricked by these high-amplitude signal spikes. Just use a VR signal conditioner that is not adaptive to variable thresholds. You can read about many projects with these same issues on the forums. Follow their lead.

David
Okay I have ordered throttle body with injectors and assembled board with dual VR conditioner V3 with max9926 so my last question is how deep should the trigger wheel teeth be when outer diameter is 52,5mm and there will be 24/2 pattern. The circumference is almost 330 so the teeth width and gap(same width and gap) would be approximately 3,43mm. Gap where are 2 missing tooth will be would be 17,15. Is it suitable?
Attachments
trigger patterm.jpg
trigger patterm.jpg (86.74 KiB) Viewed 2333 times

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?