Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
Right but. It should be able to run IGBT transistors with 12V and they will run the COIL speeduino will just send signal to IGBT which will then switch the circuit.
My question is: when one coil fires 2 cylinders then I need only one TC4424 8pin controller when there will be 2 IGBT transistor each for one coil right?
dzozepe wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:50 pm Okay so I can wire IGBT transistor directly from 12V circuit and to coil? without any additional components? And do i need specific IGBT like isl9v5036p3? Or some simmilar fast switching IGBT cuz its hard to et in my country.
Yes, that is the right IGBT it is special designed for ignition coils.
But you have wire it in another way, it needs to switch to ground.
And use the TC4424 to drive the IGBT's
Attachments
(344.32 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
dzozepe wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:50 pm Okay so I can wire IGBT transistor directly from 12V circuit and to coil? without any additional components? And do i need specific IGBT like isl9v5036p3? Or some simmilar fast switching IGBT cuz its hard to et in my country.
If sourcing them is hard then why not use an OEM module like the 211 Bosch unit or similar.
You don't have to buy new get one from a breakers/salvage yard....
I saw one thread but with megasquirt where it happened due to gap width and voltage spikes I guess at some RPM. I am just asking what would be better if 24-1 or 24-2. Please take a look at the picture.
Attachments
trigger wheel design.png
trigger wheel design.png (341.84 KiB) Viewed 5219 times
dzozepe wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:20 pm I saw one thread but with megasquirt...
In my experience the problem only usually occurs if you have a VR interface set to adaptive mode or if the VR interface is badly matched to the VR sensor.
If you have a wheel with one or two teeth cut out to full depth then you get a much greater decay in the magnetic coupling caused by the longer gap. The tooth after the gap then causes a much greater change in magnetic flux and the voltage output is a good deal higher than the other teeth - two teeth missing obviously gives more of an issue than one tooth missing. With adaptive threshold the increased output amplitude can push the threshold level up to a point where the next tooth is not seen. With a badly matched interface then it can cause a noise spike or ground shift.
The shallower gap as shown in the image in the last post maintains the magnetic coupling to a level where the output of the following tooth is the same as the other teeth so they don't have the same issue. If you can source a wheel with a shallower gap then it can give a much more robust installation but still needs to be properly setup.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?