After discussion with my friends from vintage Fiat 500 forum, most of them would prefer to stick with carb. but they are all agreed a programmable ignition ECU would be a really nice to have for custom engine.
So I started a "small and low cost" speeduino design using MEGA Pro 2560 into the smallest Cinch ME-MX ECU enclosure.
So, because I had enough space to add more components than ignition only , finally it's a really "small" Custom Speeduino ECU into 100 x 65mm PCB .
- Cinch automotive small enclosure ME-MX Molex connector (2 x12 pts connectors)
- Arduino Pro 2560 daughter card
- ISP interface for programming and debug.
- 4 injector channels (VND5N07)
- 2 ignitions outputs, 5V or 12V output level (IXDN602)
- 2 more outputs: Fuel pump, Aux (FAN, Boost or other purpose)(VND5N07)
- Stepper driver for IDLE (DRV8825) (if PWM idle not used)
- PWM Idle + Aux2 (if stepper driver not used) (VNLD5090)
- Communication via USB or Buetooth HM-11 module
- 1 VR sensors or 1 Hall sensors or 1 opto isolated input for crank (+12V signal input )
- +5V out for sensors power supply
- Baro and MAP sensor enclosed
- 4 analog inputs max. (O2, MAT, CLT, TPS)
- Tacho output (12V output level)
Will start the PCB production in a few days for this design, just need to double check the schematic before.