Any strange behaviour, crashing issues etc, post them here! Problems compiling the firmware should go in the General support section rather than here
Good afternoon, I am using 2008 code in my project of a Mercedes with M104 24 valve engine and original phonic wheel with VR sensor, I am using the code with the active methanol injection option (I want to use it in the future). The issue is that I take the car to the dynamometer and I was surprised that the variable cam was not working, I used several options to make it work (it works 1 or 2 times and then it no longer works).
As solutions of the minute, install a relay, change the computer output (electro fan output and IAC2 output) that were not being used. With these outputs the same effect occurred (it works 2 times and then nothing).
As a last option, activate the programmable output and I was recently able to make the vvt work ... but with this another problem appeared.
First by giving a second condition to the programmable output which did not work ... and the last thing that happened is that the computer began to desynchronize the CKP signal and even sometimes the motor was unstable in the ralenty (it is as if the computer had problems memory within the minute of executing the programmable outputs).
As a solution momentarily leave the VVT ​​configuration as in the beginning (without working) and the ecu no longer desyncrinized.
As additional information I used all the settings of the vvt table to make the cam work but it still worked 2 times and then nothing.
Thank you very much for your help ... greetings from Chile
Attachments
(69.73 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
Yes the vvt in 202008 has few bugs. In on/off mode the output duty gets stuck to 0% and in pwm mode the duty gets stuck to 100%. Even thought duty at TS looks to be working. This is being worked currently.

Workaround could be to use the vvt "as on/off" with pwm mode. Use 99% duty as on and 1% duty as off. Or if you are already in pwm mode, do not use 0% and 100% duty values, and it should be ok. In closed loop mode, put the duty limits to at least 1% and 100%.
Good afternoon, test the vvt map leaving off "1" and on at "99" and it works perfectly.
Thank you very much pazi88 for the solution
The ones that do not work well are the programmable outputs, when activating a second output this does not work well and the CKP signal tends to desynchronize.
Greetings
pazi88 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:34 am Yes the vvt in 202008 has few bugs. In on/off mode the output duty gets stuck to 0% and in pwm mode the duty gets stuck to 100%. Even thought duty at TS looks to be working. This is being worked currently.

Workaround could be to use the vvt "as on/off" with pwm mode. Use 99% duty as on and 1% duty as off. Or if you are already in pwm mode, do not use 0% and 100% duty values, and it should be ok. In closed loop mode, put the duty limits to at least 1% and 100%.

I think possible reasons for that would be: 1) loo[…]

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?