For any discussion not specifically related to your project
By Rocket
What is correct squirts per engine cycle is for inline 6 engine with 3 pairs of 2 injectors like this. I have problem that ve table on hi load have very hi values like wrong injector size set in options or to small injectors or to small fuel pump and etc, but actually none of these problems. So I was thinking may be squirts is wrong. I was using 2 per cycle , may be injectors to slow to open 2 times on hi rpm? May be for 3 pairs injectrs I have to use 3 squirts, for each pair, not sure how it works. Without cam signal speeduino will not know witch pair to fire first so probably all 3 fires together in set squirts per cycle? Image
By theonewithin
2 per cycle is what you need.

If you are running out of fuel then you are running out of fuel.

As in if injector duty cycle is 100% it won't matter about anything you do. 100% is the injectors just open all the time.

Please provide your tune, a log of your issue and a detailed explanation of what it is you think is wrong.
By Rocket
theonewithin wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:06 pm 2 per cycle is what you need.

If you are running out of fuel then you are running out of fuel.
As in if injector duty cycle is 100% it won't matter about anything you do. 100% is the injectors just open all the time

I will do some test and then upload tune ad data logs. But for now, lets discus a bit about system. For example injector open time is 1ms, so if I use let say 2 squirts, open time will be 2ms? Other thing, why 2 squirts is correct for my setup? doesint 3 squirt will be more evenly distributed fuel for all 3 pairs in terms of injection timing? 1 squirt for all 6 probably will be good all time only for 1 of 3 pairs, but lt say 3 squirts will be good always 1/3 of 3 squirts for all cylinders? Or I just wrong how systems works in this case? Probably easiest way to see how it works to use sim and scope.
By stum
I run a V6, but wired the same as the drawing above. 3 sets of paired injectors. the cylinders paired one crank rev (360 deg sh) apart. I have my engine set with a VE of about 50% at idle, And I get up to 115% at 4000rpm and 0.3 bar boost. Revs to 7000RPM and A/F of about 12.5:1 across the board.

Two squirts per cycle. This gives each cylinder a fresh squirt of fuel just before/during the inlet valve opening, and a one that has been waiting.

Dead time is for the opening/closing time of the injector once. Speeduino takes care of 2,3,4..... squirts per engine cycle (720deg crank)

It is well documented in this forum of switching between 2 and 4 squirts per engine cycle to check on your dead time settings. As if it is correct there should be no change in Air Fuel ratio.

As theonewithin said, make sure you are not maxing out your injectors. And your fuel pump is not running out of high end flow.

I rewired a few grounds and tested the TPS and rel[…]

Thanks, car runs great now !!! Going to drift even[…]

sauver moteur v8

bonsoir je m appel jean marie et j habite en Franc[…]

Ignition Angle doubled?

I just erased the flash, went back to 2023-10, cre[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?