Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
By RumbleFly
hey all, first time here so go easy on me. :)

I'm in the prosses of fitting a Speeduino to my S10 V8 truck. I shoehorned a 5.7L tbi truck engine into it but due to time constraints had to fit a mechanical distributor and 4 barrel carb to get me going....that was 12 years ago! It works well enough but does suffer from hot start issues, erratic idle etc so I want to put it back as a throttle body injection with the GM 8 pin dizzy that was fitted originally.
First steps will only be spark control, torque converter lockup and fan control etc just to get the feel of things, then I can move to coil near plug and fuel injection.
First things first, I'm currently building the speeduino board and installing software. I installed the speedyloader on my Linux machine and flashed the code to the Arduino, then tried to load Tuner Studio but as usual with Ubuntu I spent several evenings of searching and trying to get the application to install then finally threw in the towel and loaded it onto my wife's laptop running Vista, it loaded and opened a treat, that's the last straw for Ubuntu, life is just too short so I'm going back to a proper operating system! :evil:
I tried to load Speedyloader onto the same laptop however it appears that it won't run on anything pre windows 7.

So, my problem is that when I fire up Tuner studio it needs the Speeduino .ini file, am I right in thinking that this should be in a zip file that was download to install the Speedyloader app? When I downloaded the Linux install I could see it but with windows I seem to just have a speedyloader icon on the desktop with no obvious way of seeing any attached files.

I don't want to update the OS on the laptop as it requires a clean install and the hardware is as old as the hills but I will put win 10 on my desktop unit, hopefully can still use Tunerstudio on the laptop.
Last edited by RumbleFly on Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
By RumbleFly
Thanks jonbill that's more helpful,

I did manage to install and load the code to the Arduino but that was on a separate machine to what I have the Tuner Studio on which I'm guessing is why I can't navigate the Tuner Studio setup page to the Speeduino.ini file.

Tuner Studio does see the Arduino and returns the firmware issue, but obviously the ecu info is not there.

I'm probably just being an idiot, I'll keep my head down and keep searching, thanks for the help, it's much appreciated.
By ric355
RumbleFly wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:30 pm Thanks jonbill that's more helpful,

I did manage to install and load the code to the Arduino but that was on a separate machine to what I have the Tuner Studio on which I'm guessing is why I can't navigate the Tuner Studio setup page to the Speeduino.ini file.

Tuner Studio does see the Arduino and returns the firmware issue, but obviously the ecu info is not there.

I'm probably just being an idiot, I'll keep my head down and keep searching, thanks for the help, it's much appreciated.
Unfortunately the wiki link above is a bit imprecise about where the ini file can actually be found.

There are two ways to install the firmware - install speedyloader and use it to upload the code. It will download the ini file for you as part of that process and although I have never used it I can see from a quick search that it puts that file in your Downloads folder and also apparently provides a link in a 'status box' somewhere on screen;
viewtopic.php?p=32220#p32220

The other method is to download the firmware release you want from github here: https://github.com/noisymime/speeduino/releases
Then build and install it using the Arduino IDE. In this method, the ini file can be found in the reference folder which is a sub folder of wherever you extracted the files to. If you can't find the ini fle from the speedyloader method you can just download the same firmware release from github and grab the ini file from within it.
By LPG2CV
Welcome :)

As Ric says, the INI should be in your downloads folder.

Don't be tempted to use the development firmware as its there for testing and not using. Use the latest release. :)
By RumbleFly
Thanks all, things are a bit messy at the moment, I have a laptop running Vista that will not run Speedyloader, a desktop PC with a particularly stroppy version of Linux that wont run Tuner Studio and the only Internet connected windows PC is my work machine that is some 20 miles away :roll:

I'm just waiting for a new hard drive to turn up then I can install windows on my desktop machine and probably start again from scratch, I did have a quick look in the downloads folder but couldn't find the file, if I try again at home I will have more time to look properly, I think there may be some hidden files.

Interestingly my original intention was to just make use of the Speeduino hardware and run my own code to control fans, lockup converter, calculate mpg etc but seemed worthwhile taking one more step and running some proper ECU code.
By dazq
The ini is in the reference folder , see screen shot
Attachments
Screenshot_20200723-204834.png
Screenshot_20200723-204834.png (138.19 KiB) Viewed 4775 times
By noisymime
Just to add to all this, assuming you're using a recent firmware version and a recent version of TunerStudio, you don't need to manually load the ini file at all!

Pop the firmware on the board, then start a new project in TunerStudio. Get it to detect the board and it will give you an option to automatically download the ini file associated with whatever version of the firmware is on the board.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?