Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By dener0987
Hello people

I am thinking of developing a custom tuning software for speeduino. Where can I start?

I was taking a look at the speeduino comms.ino file and it has a list of serial commands, would these be the commands I need to perform the speeduino firmware configuration?

By ric355
dener0987 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:27 pm Hello people

I am thinking of developing a custom tuning software for speeduino. Where can I start?

I was taking a look at the speeduino comms.ino file and it has a list of serial commands, would these be the commands I need to perform the speeduino firmware configuration?

To do it properly you need to implement everything that Tunerstudio can do, because that is the feature set that speeduino tuning is derived from. Take a look at the speeduino .ini file. You will have to parse it and be able to construct dialogs etc as per whatever is being described, for everything that is in there and more. That is a lot of work. Then realize that most of tunerstudio is basically undocumented so there'll be a bunch of stuff it can do that you won't know about and your application might keep breaking with future speeduino releases as new unseen features get used. Hard coding the dialogs is of no help as you're screwed if we change anything.

If you just implement support for the various serial commands that TS uses, then that probably only takes you about 5% of the way there, if that.

My advice is don't do it. It's a waste of effort. If you want to contribute to the project then your effort is much better spent on the firmware.

Always going to be one, I have completed 3 convers[…]

Do i have to do something in arduino software ? i […]

STM32 development

Not yet, I have been too busy to look into it but […]

Hola a todos Actualizo!!! Me es grato comunicaros[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?