After trying my hardest for quite some time, I've finally given in and humbly ask you support in getting my car running right.
My last hope was an firmware issue, (see viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4048&p=43776#p43776) but as it turns out, this was not the case. Which is good, in a way.
Okay, so some background information first. I've had this car for over 17 years now, driven it a lot, fixed it even more, usual story I guess. After some time the original ECU went bad and I had to switch to something modern. Enter speeduino. At first I wanted the ECU's to be hotswappable so I modified a spare original ECU housing to fit the Speeduino into and re-used all wiring and sensors. This got the car running, but poorly. In an attempt to get it running right I've slowly but surely replaced all the ancient sensors to modern standards. I am however still having issues with it!
EA82T engine, 1800cc, 100kw, batch fired, port injected, 8,7:1 compression, turbo, no intercooler, flat four, 180k km's
CA18DET low Z with resistors 380cc injectors
Stock coil with ignitor and cap, rotor, wires, plugs (all new, or swapped)
upgraded fuel pump, walbro 255 lookalike
aftermarket boost referenced fuel regulator, set at 30PSI base
36-1 crank trigger wheel, VR sensor, shielded wire to VR conditioner
MAP sensor mounted in engine bay, fitted to intake plenum.
VW IAC valve, only for warmup
14point7 spartan2 WBO2
Tried loads of different base maps and guidelines, non seemed to work really well.
runs on euro95/10% ethanol
- very high fuel consumption, combined driving; 6km/liter, granny like highway speeds; 10km/liter
- low on power
- injectors too large so won't idle below AFR 13 (hard to get through emissions!) (this is probably just my fault by fitting these)
- will not run smoothly or strongly with AFR above 13
- with lower AFRs it's still rumbly/rough but slightly better
- anything above AFR 14,5 will result in rough running, misfires.
- needs 1 sqrts/alternating to get PW high enough, but only runs right/strong with 2 sqrts/alternating (but won't idle)
- occasional hick-ups (every couple of minutes, have not found any logic to this), sometimes misfire (AFR high spike), sometimes something else (AFR low spike)
- very hard to map, fuel demands seems to be continuously changing, ignition changes don't have a serious effect on power/fuel consumption. Very high advance results in knock under boost. Very low advance makes for a very slow, but pretty smooth drive.
- runs pretty OK on boost, but low power.
TL;DR car runs rough, needs loads of fuel to run OKísh, fuel consumption through the roof, intermittent misses/hickups
edit; forgot the most important part! MSQ and log added. The log is from my way home from work, I was running VEAL at the time, so keep that in mind.