For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By JoostXT
Hello all,

I've been having stumbles/hiccups ever since switching to speeduino. I've had some hardware and tune issues that after resolving those it got better but it never completely solved, it's a persistent bugger.

Endless online searching for ways to fix/solve this I came across this topic on the msextra boards which very accurately describes my problems and turns out it was a bug in the firmware!

https://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopi ... &start=100

So, was this bug-fix part of the base code Speeduino is built upon or could it be that I'm actually have the exact same problem?

P.S. Right now I'm running the 2020.02 code but I noticed there is a 2020.05 available, might be worth updating!
P.P.S. This thread is definitely not intended to discuss the tune/car issues I'm having, I would just like to know if this bug/glitch could be causing it and if this is implemented in 2020.02 or 2020.05

Thanks in advance!
Oke! So much for my carefully deducted logic :lol:

Could it be though that the Speeduino handles the crank trigger and injection events in a similar way and thus is vulnerable for the same bug?

Regards,
Joost
No!
Different processors and totally different code.
>>>Let me just stop you dead in those tracks. Speeduino is NOT based on the Mega Squirt code base.

I have not understood this. If they're completely different how does TS work on both? AFAIK there's not separate MS and speeduino version of TS?
tmoble wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:08 pm >>>Let me just stop you dead in those tracks. Speeduino is NOT based on the Mega Squirt code base.

I have not understood this. If they're completely different how does TS work on both? AFAIK there's not separate MS and speeduino version of TS?
Tunerstudio is simply a GUI. It, like MegaLogViewer, simply handles the interpretation of data into a format understandable by the end user. As long as Speeduino outputs data that TS can translate, in a format it understands, everything works great. Tunerstudio is not part of the actual firmware code of MS or Speeduino. The same is true in the opposite direction. The 'Speeduino.ini' file has all the info that TS needs in order to work with the code.
Tunerstudio is actually used on several other ECU and only a few have custom versions

Hi guys, I've finally had enough of the obscenely[…]

It's actually a pretty rudimentary unit from what […]

Sorry, i just realized one thing: The 25 degrees […]

Hi y'all, I want to add a new 3-D table for Inj[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?