Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By zoidberg
Ok i changed everything.
I have now a working engine, kind of, for a few seconds it runs really fine, and then it starts dying of, leaning out like hell.
I attached a log and my current (kind of i started changing things around with no luck) tune
My problem is the fuel requirement and injector flow rate and opening time. I have no real informations about those.
Maybe someone here knows more.
The injectors are genuine vag 058133551F from a working Passat.
Attachments
(24.51 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
(7.29 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
By zoidberg
Ok i found a datasheet that said 210.7 cc/min but that prevents the motor to start at all.

Now i will stop for now, as its getting dark and late. My last version of my tune and latest log is attached in the zip. If anyone has the time to look at them that would be awesome.

Thanks

Edit: Uploaded the right zip, containing the latest log and configuration.
Attachments
(24.82 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
By zoidberg
ok never mind it works now.
I'm still a bit on the rich side but its better than it used to be.
I switched to semi sequencial and alternating. will be uploading log and tune later.
Now off for a test ride.
By zoidberg
I fixed the timing problem, it has no jitter now.
Now i have the problem that when i increase the throttle slowly it doesn't trigger the acceleration enrichment and the mixture leans out very much and the engine starts to spuuter and spit. If give it a faster acceleration it triggers acceleration enrichment and enriches the mixture again, causing the engine to run normal. If I slam the accelerator it sometimes is a bit slow in enriching and goes lean for a fraction of a second, but i think that is normal and shouldn't be a problem.

What am i doing wrong?
Attached a zip containing the log and tune.

By the way thanks for being my rubber ducks to everyone reading this
Attachments
(299.48 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
By jonbill
I think the main problem is that you have a VE Table fit for a MAP load setup, but it has a TPS load setup.
Assuming you have a MAP connected, can you try changing to MAP load index (engine constants, control algorithm).
By zoidberg
jonbill wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:51 am I think the main problem is that you have a VE Table fit for a MAP load setup, but it has a TPS load setup.
Assuming you have a MAP connected, can you try changing to MAP load index (engine constants, control algorithm).
jap i figured that out as well, i changed it to map already but have not tried it.
I think the ve table is probably still wrong. I just read the ve tuning article in the wiki. I'm still not really sure if i should buy the registerd version to auto analyze or if i should really learn how to do this.
By zoidberg
Whoooohoooo it worked, just had my second test drive.
jonbill wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:51 am I think the main problem is that you have a VE Table fit for a MAP load setup, but it has a TPS load setup.
That was a Problem and it was fixed by changing algorithm from tpe to map.

Now i had the problem with lost sync, which was caused by the magnets being to small, i added more magnets and put the hall sensor nearer to the magnets by filing of some of the holder material.
Now it works like a charm, no more sync losses and it starts up right away, awesome.

The only problem left is that the engine still runs a bit rich. I don't really understand how the ve table works which way i need to correct to make it more lean.

I attached the datalog from my testdrive, which includet many different situations from engine breaking to full throttle and acceleration.
Attachments
(350.79 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
By jonbill
Here's how I think of the VE table values:
The Required_Fuel value you setup in engine constants is the theoretical duration of 'on' time for one of your injectors to supply a stoichiometric amount of fuel into the cylinder, to match a complete atmospheric pressure fill of the cylinder. so on my car, it's about 10.4 ms of injector 'on' time.
the VE values are the % of that required_fuel value you need for the actual amount of air you get into your cylinder for each point in the table.
so on my car, at 1100 rpm with the throttle closed it has a VE value of 13, so that means I only got 13% of a full theoretical atmo cylinder fill, so I only need 13% of the fuel. 13% of 10.4 is 1.352, so Speeduino will open the injector for 1.352 ms.
at 7000 rpm with the throttle wide open, it has a VE value of 109, so that means it manages to get in 109% of the theoretical atmo cylinder fill and I need 109% of 10.4 ms of injector time (==11.336 ms of injector time).

so bottom line, larger VE value means more injector on time per cycle and so richer and a lower VE value means less injector on time and a leaner mixture.
By zoidberg
Thank you that helps a lot. Now I need to make adjustments. With now I mean tomorrow as my neighbors would love me to rev up my engine at 11 pm. :P Is there a trick to prevent the table from looking like the moons surface after modifying it?

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?