Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By Htcarroll
Hi all,

I got a Volvo b230ft that I'm running on my v0.4 board. The car runs decent if I turn the idle down to around 450 but when set around 550-600 it idles normally but when I check the tkmingr mark with a light, a 50-60° retard can be seen about once every second at around 30° ATDC accompanied by a flame spit out the exhaust(8 inch turbo dump). Remember, this is all at idle. Problem gets worse and flames get bigger(not a problem :lol: ) as revs increase.

Played with the resync every cycle and trigger filters, checked the trigger signals w o-scope with around 50us variance. If I'm correct that is around 3° variance which is what I am seeing on the crank pulley with the light but nothing that indicates a sparatic retardation.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
By jonbill
Once a second at 550-600 is about every other turn for one cylinder of 4.
Do you have wasted spark? Do you have one cylinder that is failing to fire on it's compression stroke but is firing on it's exhaust stroke?
By Htcarroll
jonbill wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:24 am Once a second at 550-600 is about every other turn for one cylinder of 4.
Do you have wasted spark? Do you have one cylinder that is failing to fire on it's compression stroke but is firing on it's exhaust stroke?
am running wasted spark. its running on all cylinders but just blips breifely extremely retarded. this is the tune
(44.88 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
ill get a log and hopefully a video with a light showing the timing mark soon.
By Htcarroll
theonewithin wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:49 am Please post tune and log while issue occurs.

Without we are all blind.
trying to upload the log, says invalid file extension and wont let me upload
By Dagaz_Psi
Do you have your leads in the right order? the rotor rotates counterclockwise on those engines.
The trigger angel should be at 92 degrees in trigger setup, if you are using stock stuff.
By Htcarroll
Dagaz_Psi wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 9:22 pm Do you have your leads in the right order? the rotor rotates counterclockwise on those engines.
The trigger angel should be at 92 degrees in trigger setup, if you are using stock stuff.
I'm running a dsm cas on a yoahifab adapter with a hi-res trigger disk. I started another topic a cpuple months ago with pics on it. I'm running LS truck coils wired in wasted spark
By LPG2CV
Regarding log format

On my mobile so can't see it, but I think its Options - Preferences (or data!), but anyway, there is an option to create logs in ASCII. :)
By lsdlsd88
Htcarroll wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:17 pm trying to upload the log, says invalid file extension and wont let me upload
either rename as msl, or create it in msl (option in tunerstudio), or zip the file :)

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?