Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
By kennyevo
Hi all!

I'd like to replace my Greddy emanage blue with a speeduino 0.4 and an interface board, with keeping my current engine loom.

It would be very helpful if someone could help me while I prepare this project. I'd like to know if I could reuse all the sensors in the engine, informations about the decoders (I think it has one on the crank and one on the intake cam, so sequential mode is possible, please correct me if I'm wrong).

Any advice is welcome!

Thank you in advance,
Adam

Edit 1:
If I'm right, then the camshaft has a 4-1 teeth pattern and the crank has a 36-2, it's part number is 19315-22020.
I just realised that these are inductive sensors, so I'll have to add a dual VR conditioner.
By jonbill
I have a couple of MR2 roadsters (as they're called in the UK) I'm thinking about Speeduino for one, but I haven't done it yet so can't be that much help. I will follow your progress though :)
I think one of the complications is that the dash is all controlled by the toyota ecu, so unless you don't mind the dash not working, you need to make a parallel install and share the sensors.
By evo_lucian
kennyevo wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:52 pm Hi all!

I'd like to replace my Greddy emanage blue with a speeduino 0.4 and an interface board, with keeping my current engine loom.

It would be very helpful if someone could help me while I prepare this project. I'd like to know if I could reuse all the sensors in the engine, informations about the decoders (I think it has one on the crank and one on the intake cam, so sequential mode is possible, please correct me if I'm wrong).

Any advice is welcome!

Thank you in advance,
Adam

Edit 1:
If I'm right, then the camshaft has a 4-1 teeth pattern and the crank has a 36-2, it's part number is 19315-22020.
I just realised that these are inductive sensors, so I'll have to add a dual VR conditioner.
If the decoder is 36-2/4-1 I'm afraid there is no support for it. You can however skip the cam trigger and just use the 36-2 crank trigger alone. You will have the option to run batch or semi sequential.

The v0.4 will work just fine but you will almost certainly have to do a parallel installation if the factory controls the dash. Stock sensors will be fine just remove bias resistors for IAT and ClT sensors. Stock triggers are VR so you will need a VR conditioner. I highly recommend a MAX9926 based VR conditioner.

I did a couple Toyota's around that year with 36-2 crank trigger. You can view it here
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... VFAZMBz8Mp

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... DqHZhr_Yoz
By jonbill
Also the 1zz is dynamically variable vvt, so I'm not sure if Speeduino will be able to match the optimal usage that the toyota Ecu manages. It might be possible to leave vvt management to toyota.
By evo_lucian
jonbill wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:45 pm Also the 1zz is dynamically variable vvt, so I'm not sure if Speeduino will be able to match the optimal usage that the toyota Ecu manages. It might be possible to leave vvt management to toyota.
The simple solution for that is let factory ECU control vvti and use speeduino's dual VE tables to adjust for the motor's VE swings.
By kennyevo
WoW, so many responses :D

So basically it could run the same as the currently used Greddy E-manage Blue (piggyback), but with more control over the engine, right?

This looks quite a fun project, I can't wait to start working on it :D
By evo_lucian
kennyevo wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:15 pm WoW, so many responses :D

So basically it could run the same as the currently used Greddy E-manage Blue (piggyback), but with more control over the engine, right?

This looks quite a fun project, I can't wait to start working on it :D
Sort of by not the same. The Greddy is a piggyback that tries to fool the factory ECU to get your desired result. Speeduino would be installed in parallel with the factory ECU, but speeduino will be in 100% control of your fuel and spark.
Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

Picture of the Cheery Hall Effect sensor: Cherry[…]

Thanks for guiding me, I've been busy these past f[…]

Today I was with the car again looking for what co[…]

I've been away from playing cars for a few weeks, […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?