Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
Well i have this issue. But only on stock disc. I changed the disc for a 24 window and the issue goes away.
But i was getting back to this to try to solve it.
Got around to testing my ECU on a friend's stock Miata a minute ago. Didn't ever lose sync on his car while cranking. Didn't sound like it wanted to start, but I was using my turbo tune with some quick modifications. He also removed his radio, A/C and power steering so he might have less interference. Either way I guess I'm gonna need a higher resolution wheel or some ferrite rings to get rid of some noise.
I had hard starting problems while cranking on my single cylinder two stroke too. It turned out that the starter was to weak and slowed down when it came up against the compression. Which effectively ruined the 24-1 signal from the inductive crank sensor and confused the Speedy by looking like one small and one big gap. Push start and it would fire right up.

Yellow line is the signal at Speedy's pin 19 after the signal conditioner and the Blue line is the inductive crank sensor reading a 24-1 wheel. The inductive crank sensor Blue line gets all wonky as the crank slows down against the compression.
Attachments
Inductive trigger at cranking speed.png
Inductive trigger at cranking speed.png (2.36 MiB) Viewed 11564 times
I had the exact same problem. Tweaked the code a bit to better recognize the missing tooth.

How did you sort it?

/T

TZ350 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:32 pm .
I had hard starting problems while cranking on my single cylinder two stroke too. It turned out that the starter was to weak and slowed down when it came up against the compression. Which effectively ruined the 24-1 signal from the inductive crank sensor and confused the Speedy by looking like one small and one big gap. Push start and it would fire right up.

Yellow line is the signal at Speedy's pin 19 after the signal conditioner and the Blue line is the inductive crank sensor reading a 24-1 wheel. The inductive crank sensor Blue line gets all wonky as the crank slows down against the compression.
tobbera wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:27 am How did you sort it?
For me it was easy, I just used a power-fuller starter motor so that the crank was not slowing down on the compression stroke.
Took me a while to realize that the crank was slowing down enough to spoil the signal coming from the crank sensor.
The height and signal definition very much depends on the speed of the teeth past the sensor.
Torslund wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:47 am That is why I prefer Hall sensors. It can't fix speed but it takes care of amplitude.
Yes, I think you are right. I should look into it. A Hall sensor could give a much better signal at cranking speeds than my inductive one.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?