For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By tkelly2784
I'm really confused why people say that an F103 has limitations that can't be overcome. The only thing I've ever seen someone claim as a limitation is that it doesn't have an EEPROM back in 2018. ST has Arduino code examples to read and write the 64/128k storage over serial. What do you think the maple mini boot loader does? What would be the other limitations that would prevent it from running a motor when a 16MHz 2560 does the job just fine?

I would try to use the maple mini firmware with USB virtual serial com. It seems to be more reliable than a UART adapter when dealing with Arduino. You can flash the maple bootloader over serial then use it without the serial adapter to flash your F103. It has to be rebooted before each flash. Another option would be to use a Nucleo board with STlink V2-1 that opens a com port through the STLink.

It won't connect to tunerstudio if it doesn't connect to the Arduino serial monitor.

I'll try to get the firmware compiled when I get some free time, seems like a fun branch of speeduino with $1.40 boards. I could see it being used as a spark box, or even as a brain for a batch fire TBI system like the Holley Sniper that's becoming popular.
By dazq
tkelly2784 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:03 pm I'm really confused why people say that an F103 has limitations that can't be overcome. The only thing I've ever seen someone claim as a limitation is that it doesn't have an EEPROM back in 2018. ST has Arduino code examples to read and write the 64/128k storage over serial. What do you think the maple mini boot loader does? What would be the other limitations that would prevent it from running a motor when a 16MHz 2560 does the job just fine?

I would try to use the maple mini firmware with USB virtual serial com. It seems to be more reliable than a UART adapter when dealing with Arduino. You can flash the maple bootloader over serial then use it without the serial adapter to flash your F103. It has to be rebooted before each flash. Another option would be to use a Nucleo board with STlink V2-1 that opens a com port through the STLink.

It won't connect to tunerstudio if it doesn't connect to the Arduino serial monitor.

I'll try to get the firmware compiled when I get some free time, seems like a fun branch of speeduino with $1.40 boards. I could see it being used as a spark box, or even as a brain for a batch fire TBI system like the Holley Sniper that's becoming popular.
@noisymime hashimself commented that ongoing development won't include the f103..
Regards limitations , it nots eeprom, none of the stm32 family except the L series (and a few smaller types) have eeprom onboard and even then it's a small amount.
No the big limitations flash memory! A lot of compile guards had to be put in place in the firmware for f103 due to this.
Yes I am sure with enough effort anything can be achieved for the f103 but with the official firmware showing preference to the f401/407 then it seems sensible to use a f401 black board if a small board is desirable? But as psig always says "do your thing" :-)
By dazq
flat4power wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:35 am thanks for all your interventions

https://pastebin.com/Ya5EJwN2
code to long for forum (to many char) :)

no issue to compile F407 but F401 not the same :(
official firmware 201911
You are again missing the point here!
There is NO "official " firmware release to use a STM mcu of any kind, they are all UNDER DEVELOPMENT! Some are more ready than others but none are release ready yet.
I will say with some certainty that there has been very recent activity with changes to the STM and teensy code within the firmware so only the main GitHub (if it has been merged) will have that or a fork such as Vitors who has done much work on stm32 code.
By flat4power
oh sorry
I haven't good unsterstood.
I fix my design on F411CE (or BlackPill F401CC which seems the same) so I go use master branch of speeduino firmware and I will try contrib to next firmware to support this chip ;)

edit : no issue with actual revision of master branch on github and the FC401CC ;)
Code: Select all
#if defined(ARDUINO_BLUEPILL_F103C8) || defined(ARDUINO_BLUEPILL_F103CB) \
   || defined(ARDUINO_BLACKPILL_F401CC) || defined(ARDUINO_BLACKPILL_F411CE)
    //STM32 Pill boards
    #define BOARD_DIGITAL_GPIO_PINS 34
    #define BOARD_NR_GPIO_PINS 34
    #ifndef LED_BUILTIN
      #define LED_BUILTIN PB1 //Maple Mini
    #endif
  #elif defined(ARDUINO_BLACK_F407VE)
    #define BOARD_DIGITAL_GPIO_PINS 74
    #define BOARD_NR_GPIO_PINS 74
  #endif
Code: Select all
Le croquis utilise 100284 octets (38%) de l'espace de stockage de programmes. Le maximum est de 262144 octets.
Les variables globales utilisent 23988 octets (36%) de mémoire dynamique, ce qui laisse 41548 octets pour les variables locales. Le maximum est de 65536 octets.

Had it running for a short period again. Same as […]

Ok, here is the first version of the adapter plate[…]

Ignition Angle doubled?

don't load your old tune in case it is corrupted[…]

Yes, totally wrong setting. Slight noise in TPS ca[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?