Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By scartail
All, what wheel should the 280zx turbo wheel fall under? i was thinking nissan 360, but it doesn't really fall into the discription.

Here's a picture I found online.

thanks in advance!
By jonbill
If there's a sensor for both outer and the inner single on the 280zxt wheel, maybe it can be a "dual wheel" setup. Sounds like that description to me.
By scartail
theonewithin wrote:Did you check the wiki before posting?

http://wiki.speeduino.com/en/decoders/Nissan_360

It's a Nissan 360 or variation of). It's in testing.

If you want proven setup change it.

Pretty simple.
YES, I did... that's why i wrote... " i was thinking nissan 360, but it doesn't really fall into the discription." How do you think I came up with that conclusion?
And just because it's not on some wikipage, that doesn't mean someone hasn't done it... I thought this forum was about knowledge sharing.
By theonewithin
It's not supported. I said that from the start.

As per the wiki there are many variations.

From your picture I cannot tell if it is one of the variations but it is clearly not one that is listed as supported.

Those style wheels are NOT easy to work with.

If you want to use speedy then swapping it out or adding a crank sensor will be the easiest, fastest and best supported option.

If you want to actually get it working with that wheel then you will require a 2 Channel oscilloscope ideally so you can record your current sensor output and then mark up on that output where TDC of cylinder 1 is etc.

As you haven't provided any info about what you are doing I gave you the short answer.
By scartail
jonbill wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:37 am If there's a sensor for both outer and the inner single on the 280zxt wheel, maybe it can be a "dual wheel" setup. Sounds like that description to me.
I did think about that. My understanding is the 2nd signal can only have one slot per rev. With my setup, I should try to running it as a distributor. I haven't focused on this for several weeks. I'll dig into it some more.
By PSIG
scartail wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:25 am
jonbill wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:37 am If there's a sensor for both outer and the inner single on the 280zxt wheel, maybe it can be a "dual wheel" setup. Sounds like that description to me.
I did think about that. My understanding is the 2nd signal can only have one slot per rev. With my setup, I should try to running it as a distributor. I haven't focused on this for several weeks. I'll dig into it some more.
If you block all but one secondary slot, you should be able to run it as Dual Wheel, 180 teeth primary at crank speed, and 1 cam. Stick some thin tape on there to test perhaps.

David

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?