Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
Hi All.
I'm no stranger to building fast four strokes, my background is motorcycles, I'm a mechanic and have worked at the highest levels in racing, ie World Superbikes, so have built and tuned many in my 45 years in the industry. I have no problem operating electronic tuning equipment but have no knowledge of building an ECU or the required components, I would therefore like some help with what components I would require to make an operational ECU I can simply plug in and tune the vehicle.
The vehicle in question is a Mazda MX5 Mk2 1.8 non VVT. It is currently being fitted with an Eaton M45 supercharger from a Mini Cooper and a 3 inch core intercooler. Initially all other mechanical components will remain standard, as will the electronics unless advised otherwise. I simply want to replace the standard ECU with one I can alter ignition and fueling. After much research I have chosen to try the Speeduino components however cannot find an assembled, ready to plug in unit so I'm here with hat in hand looking for direction. :D
I have already downloaded the manual and the Tunerstudio software and am happy with what I've found so wanting to take the next step of purchasing. If someone can steer me in the right direction of the required components for my project I would be extremely grateful.
Cheers,
Phil
MX5Phil wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:07 am Hi All.
I'm no stranger to building fast four strokes, my background is motorcycles, I'm a mechanic and have worked at the highest levels in racing, ie World Superbikes, so have built and tuned many in my 45 years in the industry. I have no problem operating electronic tuning equipment but have no knowledge of building an ECU or the required components, I would therefore like some help with what components I would require to make an operational ECU I can simply plug in and tune the vehicle.
The vehicle in question is a Mazda MX5 Mk2 1.8 non VVT. It is currently being fitted with an Eaton M45 supercharger from a Mini Cooper and a 3 inch core intercooler. Initially all other mechanical components will remain standard, as will the electronics unless advised otherwise. I simply want to replace the standard ECU with one I can alter ignition and fueling. After much research I have chosen to try the Speeduino components however cannot find an assembled, ready to plug in unit so I'm here with hat in hand looking for direction. :D
I have already downloaded the manual and the Tunerstudio software and am happy with what I've found so wanting to take the next step of purchasing. If someone can steer me in the right direction of the required components for my project I would be extremely grateful.
Cheers,
Phil
Hi Phil,

I can offer you pnp speeduino. Contach me so we can talk about more.
lsdlsd88 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:25 pm where are you from? just cause you might have a speeduino shop or board vendor nearby..

there are no official pnp units or BOM yet for that year but some vendors might be able to build that for you at a reasonable price.
I'm from New Zealand however I'm currently based in London, UK. To be pointed in any direction would be of great help. Cheers.
Ilotalo wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:35 am
MX5Phil wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:07 am Hi All.
Cheers,
Phil
Hi Phil,

I can offer you pnp speeduino. Contach me so we can talk about more.
Hi. As a new member I am unable to use the messaging system apparently. I can however read other peoples messages to me ;)
lsdlsd88 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:25 pm where are you from? just cause you might have a speeduino shop or board vendor nearby..

there are no official pnp units or BOM yet for that year but some vendors might be able to build that for you at a reasonable price.
Cheers for the message! Sorry I can't reply but as I'm a new member I am apparently not allowed for a while. I'm following up your suggestion now. Many thanks!

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?