For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
By ttommyp
Hello all,
I'm making a stand alone arduino speedo stepper controller. I've had some success in bench testing both in serial monitor, and gauge position!

However, my transmission (NV3500) has a 2 wire magnetic speed sensor. My code needs to see a square wave. Using a VR conditioner should work for this right?

Again this would all be standalone board programmed in arduino ide. Would consist of a nano, DRV8825 stepper driver, and a vr conditoner.
By ttommyp
Is there a max voltage limit on what the vr signal can be going to the conditioner? I've heard some vss can output as high as 36V, albeit very low current.
By ttommyp
I have used max9926 vr-conditioners for vss by taking signal from abs sensors. Works perfectly. Stable reading between 1-250km/h (too afraid to try faster speeds :? )
Pazi, that was the conditioner I hoped to use. And that's pretty high speed! Any special/additional circuitry needed for your abs vr setup?

On a side note, once up and running, I was thinking of trying a traction control setup. The secondary arduino for vss would compare two abs signals, and then send a pin LOW to the speeduino's nitrous pin, pulling timing! But one step at a time lol :roll:
By pazi88
It was my own design, but basically identical yo speeduino vr-conditioner. Just with regulstor from 12v down to 5v.

And don't know about your car, but in mine, pulling timing is no way enough for traction control. I need to cut ignition to stop the tires from spinning wildly .
By ttommyp
Pazi, that regulator you mentioned is just for board power supply correct?

I have no idea if pulling timing is enough. It would have to be a lot, like ALL of it lol. But I suspect you're right, just an idea I had. People do use that method for launch control.

I have a roughly 400hp v8 in a 3200lb vehicle . :lol: I'm making the switch to speedy this winter, along with a 5 speed nv3500 transmission which I'm really looking forward to playing with launch/flat shift!

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?