For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By stum
Just a question, Has anybody had any luck running a RealDash or other (on an android tablet) off the Serial 0 - Speedie USB port and using a OTG adaptor (if required). Which will mean swapping cables between the dash and tunerstudio.

And will the table charge off Serial 0 (USB port) or will it need a special cable OTG to inject power.

thanks.
By garcia w
Damouk wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:15 pm Ive been fiddling with real dash and it looks excellent, worked straight away with the current firmware release, So thanks to everyones hard work. :D

One thing I have not managed to work out is where the Aux I/O is found in Real dash, so that I can feed in the fuel gauge and warning lights

Can anyone give me a pointer?
Made this short example video to help you with the aux input and RealDash
https://youtu.be/uLaK1KPIqtE
By Damouk
Nice one. Garcia w

I had dropped the idea of using the aux inputs as I had other things to do on the car. Strangely I was looking again last night and managed to get msDroid working with fuel gauge and indicators.

The Realdash gui is much more desirable so will take another look after watching your video.

As a minimum I need 4 dig inputs and one analogue so hopefully there are enough unused variables in realdash.

I guess they are defined in the firmware .ini file?
By GhjEng
Hey guys,

Sorry, I know this is slightly off-topic...

What devices are you having success on? I've downloaded the app on an Android phone just to try it out... but the "Select INI" button in connection settings just does nothing... I've tried two routes now...

1.) Set up a connection using RealdashCAN... but can't load a custom XML)
2.) Set up a connection as Megasquirt (But cant select the INI File.. button does nothing.)

Bit frustrating...

I see the Realdash Dev is on this thread... is it not possible just to do one beginning of the year push and get Speeduino added to the app please? I've paid for the full app but the edit screen "Save button" doesn't work either...

Any advice would be great, thanks.

Next step is to purchase the APP again on iStore and try that route, but really don't want to spend the same twice :oops:
By pazi88
Msdroid works fine at least. Automatic ini downloading also.

Tried also the realdash but got really annoyed it. Lot of unnecessary useless stuff. Couldn't understand the logic of how to customize gauges. And worst of all. No real option to change away from imperial units...
By stum
Hi GhjEng,

Im running Realdash over blue tooth. I did a write up on my steps, I started down the track of running it on Serial 3 but did not have a lot of sucess......

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3167

Hopefully if you have a read of the above link, that is how I got it to run. Still on the bench but has not missed a beat in about 6 months. Its on the list to get on the running system.

Regards
By stum
Ok, I stand corrected. It was running good, and I had not looked at it for a while. But recently there must have been a update to realdash, it is has changed how it loads the .ini file. And it will no longer pharse the speeduino.ini file, or allow you to pick one.

So my dash has stopped working too. STINK......

I will log back into the RealDash fourm and see if I can find/get an answer...

Cheers
By realdashdev
GhjEng wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:09 pm 1.) Set up a connection using RealdashCAN... but can't load a custom XML)
2.) Set up a connection as Megasquirt (But cant select the INI File.. button does nothing.)

Bit frustrating...
If the load button does nothing you probably have no file manager installed to your Android device.
By realdashdev
pazi88 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:34 pm Tried also the realdash but got really annoyed it. Lot of unnecessary useless stuff. Couldn't understand the logic of how to customize gauges. And worst of all. No real option to change away from imperial units...
To change units, go to Settings->Units & Values. Entire app is developed on metric, so that should not be a problem.

I agree that RealDash has (too)many 'stuff' in it, but could you elaborate a little bit how they are useless? RealDash will never achieve a typical mobile app simplicity, but we are still trying to improve.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?