For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By mackiiN
Vauhtivaunu wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:43 pm In that picture vr-board is wrong way. There is squared hole in vr-board and Motronic-PCB. They should match.

empty slots in vr-board are for shunt resistors and you don´t need those with bmw sensor. Pazi´s board work fine with M50TU. I´we tested that few weeks ago.
I flipped it around, however still the same issue. Might be damaged then.
What about the AC circuit is it needed? I have the components installed.
By Rafa_bmx
mackiiN wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:01 pm
Vauhtivaunu wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:43 pm In that picture vr-board is wrong way. There is squared hole in vr-board and Motronic-PCB. They should match.

empty slots in vr-board are for shunt resistors and you don´t need those with bmw sensor. Pazi´s board work fine with M50TU. I´we tested that few weeks ago.
i had a look and the components look fine, try another VR conditioner and/or another arduino mega
By mackiiN
Rafa_bmx wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:35 pm
mackiiN wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:01 pm

i had a look and the components look fine, try another VR conditioner and/or another arduino mega
Thank you. I ordered a new VR conditioner, hopefully it solves the issue :)
By mackiiN
Started right up with the new VR conditioner :D

Is it possible to connect my AEM UEGO wideband which has an output to the speeduino to be able to see AFRs?
By pazi88
Great! As I said, the vr-conditioner gets fried easily when mounted backwards.

Yes. Just run the 0-5v wideband signal from uego to speeduino lambda input in the 6-pin molex connector snd configure it correctly in TS. Some uego units also require signal ground too.
By mackiiN
pazi88 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:44 am Great! As I said, the vr-conditioner gets fried easily when mounted backwards.

Yes. Just run the 0-5v wideband signal from uego to speeduino lambda input in the 6-pin molex connector snd configure it correctly in TS. Some uego units also require signal ground too.
Thank you, got it working. Just need to adjust the calibration :)
By pazi88
I did find problem in previous revisions when Hall crank/cam sensors are used, which caused the hall sensor not to work or work very poorly. The pull-up was routed to wrong point. So there is now rev1.4 available to fix that: https://github.com/pazi88/Speeduino-M5x ... /Rev%201.4

No other changes. VR- sensors have worked fine. But too many people seem to have populated the PCB's with all the possible components, even though few resistors are used to switch between hall and VR-sensors. Which caused the triggering to not work. So I added big warning about that in BOM

I also need to warn you guys about not to use fake components from eBay/aliexpress. Those do not work! Especially fake ignition drivers and injector drivers do not work. I have needed to help debug too many non working PCB's because of those. It's just waste of everyones time and money to get fake components.

On left are genuine. On right are fake ones.
By Bonflesher
Hello everyone, I soldered the board, today I tried to start the engine, but there were problems.
The inlet temperature shows 210, the cooling temperature 210 Celsius. Also, there is no injection or ignition, the tuner studio does not see the speed. See if it is properly installed VR?
Sorry for the poor translation, I use google translator
Attachments
wwA8bI8Hep8.jpg
wwA8bI8Hep8.jpg (211.96 KiB) Viewed 8243 times

I rewired a few grounds and tested the TPS and rel[…]

Thanks, car runs great now !!! Going to drift even[…]

sauver moteur v8

bonsoir je m appel jean marie et j habite en Franc[…]

Ignition Angle doubled?

I just erased the flash, went back to 2023-10, cre[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?