For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By Jansun
Update

New design is ready. Right now got it fitted and running on the car. Looks all ok for the ignition and sensor parts. I did not test the outputs for injector and idle yet, car runs on LPG.

Features:

- 2x Vr input signal (Max9926)
- 4x Isolated onboard coil drivers (IGBT)
- 4x injector drivers ( vnd5n07)
- 1x fuel pump driver ( vnd5n07)
- 1x Idle valve driver ( vnd5n07)
- Isolated USB port (CH340G) PCB switch for programming without battery power
- Connector screw terminals, plugable.
- Pinout according to Speeduino v0.3 board
-Case is 3d printed, with an aluminium ground plane. Groundplane for cooling the IGBT's and easy fitting inside OEM cases etc.
- ECU size 133x 120mm. This is inclusive the pluggable connectors
- All components soldered to direct to the board, most SMD
20190407_204827.jpg
20190407_204827.jpg (1.1 MiB) Viewed 8109 times
top kjfi v1.4.JPG
top kjfi v1.4.JPG (577.58 KiB) Viewed 8107 times
20190407_204820.jpg
20190407_204820.jpg (497.75 KiB) Viewed 8107 times
By romkagr
Jansun wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:54 am Update

New design is ready. Right now got it fitted and running on the car. Looks all ok for the ignition and sensor parts. I did not test the outputs for injector and idle yet, car runs on LPG.

Features:

- 2x Vr input signal (Max9926)
- 4x Isolated onboard coil drivers (IGBT)
- 4x injector drivers ( vnd5n07)
- 1x fuel pump driver ( vnd5n07)
- 1x Idle valve driver ( vnd5n07)
- Isolated USB port (CH340G) PCB switch for programming without battery power
- Connector screw terminals, plugable.
- Pinout according to Speeduino v0.3 board
-Case is 3d printed, with an aluminium ground plane. Groundplane for cooling the IGBT's and easy fitting inside OEM cases etc.
- ECU size 133x 120mm. This is inclusive the pluggable connectors
- All components soldered to direct to the board, most SMD
20190407_204827.jpg
top kjfi v1.4.JPG
20190407_204820.jpg
please share the Board file?
rgricjuks@gmail.com
By Jansun
I will share, ofcourse. Keep in mind it's still not done yet, i only tested the spark outputs and inputs, not the injectors. I dont have the latest realease, but schematics i have here will do. New design has flyback diode on the ignition outputs (did not installed it yet, i think i dont it will necessary) and i need to add a ground terminal screw for the shielding of the ignition pickup.

fuel tank in the making:
20190608_150029.jpg
20190608_150029.jpg (1.37 MiB) Viewed 7883 times
The car runs for few months now with spark only and doing great. see attachements for schematics.
By PSIG
Post it here using the post Attachments tab, ZIP it if it's too large, or just upload it to any storage or sharing site and post a link to it here for others to retrieve it.
8-)
David
By Jansun
Hi all,

Excuse me for the lousy replies. i'm making progress, but please don't wait for me :D

Right now im running wasted spark. I found out the IGBTs are too close near each other, the spark jumps from the IGBT to the other. And also with the laptop plugged in i'm losing connection sometimes. Because of the startup seqenc of tunerstudio (i guess, didnt checked the software) when reconnecting to tunerstudio the engine stops. Sollution for now is to use no heatsink and bend them away from each other. I am suprised about how much better the engine runs with wasted spark compared to the origional dizzy.

Overall i'm happy with the ecu, but i'm not there yet with the IGBT's. I ordered some BIP373's, maybe i should use this kind of IGBT's from the start, we'll see.

Right now working on the last parts of the fuel part. Injector hoses, check. fuel pump supports, check, injectionmanifold check, wiring, check. Fueltank welding, check. fueltank installation... TO DO!
By runesm
Jansun wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:06 pm Hi all,

Excuse me for the lousy replies. i'm making progress, but please don't wait for me :D

Right now im running wasted spark. I found out the IGBTs are too close near each other, the spark jumps from the IGBT to the other. And also with the laptop plugged in i'm losing connection sometimes. Because of the startup seqenc of tunerstudio (i guess, didnt checked the software) when reconnecting to tunerstudio the engine stops. Sollution for now is to use no heatsink and bend them away from each other. I am suprised about how much better the engine runs with wasted spark compared to the origional dizzy.

Overall i'm happy with the ecu, but i'm not there yet with the IGBT's. I ordered some BIP373's, maybe i should use this kind of IGBT's from the start, we'll see.

Right now working on the last parts of the fuel part. Injector hoses, check. fuel pump supports, check, injectionmanifold check, wiring, check. Fueltank welding, check. fueltank installation... TO DO!
Look through the wiki for Reset Lock :)
By Jansun
Ah, that explains. My board uses the CH340G, so i'm stuck with a hardware pullup switch between the usb driver and the atmega..

I have a switch on the board so i can choose between isolated UBS and power via usb. I think i can do best use a double switch so when i want to upload new firmware also the reset will be connected to the CH340.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?