For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By PSIG
There are multiple versions of this distributor, as you can see in this and other Toy threads. Please either post a clear photo of the internals and sensors with a part number, or carefully describe how many teeth on how many wheels using how many sensors on each wheel.

David
By ktop
anggistarko wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:40 pm help me, i want runing toyota 4efte use speeduino, but not undertsand ,how to make this car work with coil and stockigniter, please help me :cry: thanks buddy
if you want a plug n play one better to contact someone like WTM tronics to make you one. :)
Because as David said there are at least 3-4 versions of this distributor it's hard to make it work for everything., it has a lot of noise and configurations.
I'm not trying to put you off, just to save you time and frustration.
Even professional companies suggest to remove 2 teeth from distributor and work only with NE signal.
Hello,

I'm new to speeduino and i'm confused on configuring the right settings for this kind of toyota distributor from 3SGE gen3 engine. any help would be greatly appreciated

primary - 24 teeth
secondary - 1 teeth but looks like its decreasing

Video of distributor
<<LOWER VOLUME BEFORE CLICKING PLAY>>
https://youtu.be/pht0ejxXrFw

my current settings:

speeduino has a vr conditioner
JP2 - vr
JP3 - vr
JP4 - open
JP5 - open

NE - VR1+
G- - VR1- and VR2-
G1 - VR2+
G2 - open

thanks in advance
By ktop
I would advise to ground the G2 to VR- to avoid any possible noise.
There is no definetive answer to your question for the setup, I think not a lot have configured it without grinding one or 2 teeth from the distributor.
In my test bench it worked like you have it, but the G2 was grounded.
Try the tooth logger to see results and if any noise or weird spikes etc.
ktop wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:24 am I would advise to ground the G2 to VR- to avoid any possible noise.
There is no definetive answer to your question for the setup, I think not a lot have configured it without grinding one or 2 teeth from the distributor.
In my test bench it worked like you have it, but the G2 was grounded.
Try the tooth logger to see results and if any noise or weird spikes etc.
Ok ill try grounding G2 first and if no luck I'll grind one tooth off.

The next question is which tooth to grind?

Thank you fr your reply :D
By PSIG
caldina3sgte wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:00 am speeduino has a vr conditioner
Which type of VR conditioner you have will directly affect your settings, as some invert the signal and others don't, resulting in potentially "backwards" settings reading the wrong signal edge. The entire path of the signals must be considered, from sensor type, edge to read, sensor polarity, conditioner action, and the jumper and tune settings to handle those properly. No problem, but don't skip any. ;)

David
By stum
@ caldina3sgte

I am running one Toyota (3L V6) and it has similar distributor. I tried a number of different configurations. And the one I got to run best is removing opersite teeth off the 24 wheel and make it a effectively a 12-1 crank wheel. 11 teeth, missing one, 11 teeth missing one. Using G & NE

This runs great. I cannot do sequential as I'm a 6 cylinder, and it runs great.

Im thinking of reoving the second piclup G1,G2 all together as you can see it causes interference with the trigger signal. Only small, but there is a little there. Cleaner the better for singals.

Other poeple have had sucess with other configurations. But this has work well for me for almost 2 years.

Hope if goes well for you.

PS.

Spark dwell settings actually caused me more problems. find below what I have used. I have not had a scope on the module to check current. but assuming your module is same (or similar) will hopefully get you into ball park.

Crank Dwell 6 ms
Run dwell 2.5 ms
Spark duration 0.7ms

These will let the engine run to red line under load, more run dwell or spark duration cause issues (by ear) and rev counter.
PSIG wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:08 pm Which type of VR conditioner you have will directly affect your settings, as some invert the signal and others don't, resulting in potentially "backwards" settings reading the wrong signal edge. The entire path of the signals must be considered, from sensor type, edge to read, sensor polarity, conditioner action, and the jumper and tune settings to handle those properly. No problem, but don't skip any. ;)

David
-Mini MAX A2 Signal Conditioner (VR) from wtmtronics
-trying tooth logger but it's not picking up any signal
-is it normal when the ignition key is ON led3 lits up steady? (0.4.3c board)
i can't find any documentation regarding the led lights for what they are assigned
stum wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:37 pm @ caldina3sgte

I am running one Toyota (3L V6) and it has similar distributor. I tried a number of different configurations. And the one I got to run best is removing opersite teeth off the 24 wheel and make it a effectively a 12-1 crank wheel. 11 teeth, missing one, 11 teeth missing one. Using G & NE
do you mean by grinding 2 teeth at opposite sides?

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?