For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By commrace
Can launch control be implemented with the use of speed input ?
i was thinking like multiple rev limit maps with an analog multistage switch .
for example if :
switch is on 0 possition - analog input 0v - no launch control ( normal rev limit )
switch is on 1 position - analog input 1v - launch control (rev limit) set at x value ( like 4200rpm)
switch is on 2 position - analog input 2v - launch control (rev limit) set at y value ( like 5000rpm)

all depending on VSS ( vehicle speed signal )
if input from vss missing use rev limit map 0,1,2 ( wich one is selected from switch )
if input from vss is greater than 5 km/h ( mph) whitch to base rev limit map

Thank you!
kind regards
Alex M
By PSIG
Launch Control and power/flat-shift currently use RPM threshold as input. In the current form, you do not need a multi-position switch in order to have multiple rev-limit points. Only a single-position on/off switch and the clutch switch or button is necessary, and rev-limit is established by the switch-point set in TunerStudio.
commrace wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:23 pm switch is on 0 possition - analog input 0v - no launch control ( normal rev limit )
With an on/off switch, this "off" position simply deactivates the function.
commrace wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:23 pm switch is on 1 position - analog input 1v - launch control (rev limit) set at x value ( like 4200rpm)
In the "on" position, the system is armed, and waits for either a button or clutch press to activate. If switched at under the set threshold, it will hold the engine at ~4200 (or other selected) limit, until the clutch or button is released for launch.
commrace wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:23 pmswitch is on 2 position - analog input 2v - launch control (rev limit) set at y value ( like 5000rpm)
This switch position is not used, and instead the threshold of a higher limit is set in TS. With the switch "on", the engine RPM is increased to the point you want it held, and the clutch or button pressed. The RPM will then hold at that selected point until the clutch or button is released. Note the order of switching may be reversed to same effect. ;)

The function does not care what the vehicle speed is in order to accomplish either mode at any time. Code could be modified to enable a VSS or other input to determine the threshold activation or RPM set-point. You would have to study the code to determine how you would modify it for the use parameters you desire. Alternatively, the VSS could be to or through a separate device, that simply outputs the on/off switch function automatically to Speeduino at the speed you select.

David
By Hosodatty
I found a thread that is close to the topic I'm looking for, so I'll reply here.
This topic is possible now that it supports VSS input.

I think it would be very easy to use if you set a VSS threshold as a launch control execution condition. What do you think, everyone?

Example) When implementing at a speed of 10km/h or less
This will no longer affect blipping (downshift) while driving.

With the launch control settings in the current software, unless the TPS opening is set wide, it will prevent the rotation from increasing in the event of a blip.
If you set it like that, you would often lose tire grip the moment you engaged the clutch, and you would not get good results.
(My settings may be stupid, so if there is a way to improve it, please let me know)

By slightly modifying this logic, it is also possible to implement a pit lane limiter.
This is a great feature for motorsport enthusiasts.

Always going to be one, I have completed 3 convers[…]

Do i have to do something in arduino software ? i […]

STM32 development

Not yet, I have been too busy to look into it but […]

Hola a todos Actualizo!!! Me es grato comunicaros[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?