For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By noisymime
Kenai wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:04 am
noisymime wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:43 am So that picture shows the standard 4g63 trigger wheel on the left and the aftermarket yoshifab high res one on the right.

The one on the left absolutely should work. It's identical to the one in all the MX5 / Miata's that are getting about.
Ok thats it. I removed the one on the left for the one on the right. The left gets very difficult to start the engine (like timming jumping from +60 to -60 randomly). While the right fires the engine at first try. :geek: i really dont know why it doesnt work well. :|
The one on the right is a much better option and gives significantly better ignition accuracy, but those problems with the stock wheel sound like something wasn't configured right. There's a couple of settings that need to be right for good starts on these low res triggers, in particular the fixed cranking timing option.
By Kenai
noisymime wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:53 pm
Kenai wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:04 am
noisymime wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:43 am So that picture shows the standard 4g63 trigger wheel on the left and the aftermarket yoshifab high res one on the right.

The one on the left absolutely should work. It's identical to the one in all the MX5 / Miata's that are getting about.
Ok thats it. I removed the one on the left for the one on the right. The left gets very difficult to start the engine (like timming jumping from +60 to -60 randomly). While the right fires the engine at first try. :geek: i really dont know why it doesnt work well. :|
The one on the right is a much better option and gives significantly better ignition accuracy, but those problems with the stock wheel sound like something wasn't configured right. There's a couple of settings that need to be right for good starts on these low res triggers, in particular the fixed cranking timing option.
Well ive been running one of those 24 window discs, with great success. But it should be good to have an option for the 4g63 dsm that doesnt have a cas (the 80% of the dsms around here).
its cool. For me is everything running excellent. :)
By PSIG
Kenai wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:56 amBut it should be good to have an option for the 4g63 dsm that doesnt have a cas (the 80% of the dsms around here).
Then they will be happy to know that they already do have an option that is proven to work. I am not sure why yours did not work right; though we have some ideas of what went wrong that you can check. Will you be reinstalling the stock 4G63 wheel to find why yours did not work like it has for others?

@noisymime or others driving on the stock 4G63 wheel — could you post an image here or on the Wiki in the 4G63 decoder section to show the "top" view of a correctly-installed wheel? Perhaps include a couple of the settings known or required to have it work well?
:?:
David
I have a Fiat Barchetta and I want to replace the original Hitachi MFI-0 ECU with the speeduino for turbo application. Unfortunately, it is difficult to place a trigger wheel externally on the crank and the camshaft.
Is it possible to add this decoder to the code? I hope someone can help.
60$ Bounty: https://www.bountysource.com/issues/709 ... pe-1-8-16v
Attachments
Signal Framework.JPG
Signal Framework.JPG (91.86 KiB) Viewed 8989 times
Timing Sensor.JPG
Timing Sensor.JPG (102 KiB) Viewed 8989 times
rpm sensor.JPG
rpm sensor.JPG (93.99 KiB) Viewed 8989 times
Starting.JPG
Starting.JPG (79.5 KiB) Viewed 8989 times
Speeduino 0.4.3.jpg
Speeduino 0.4.3.jpg (3.68 MiB) Viewed 8989 times
can i hear from the folks who have success with the dodge chrysler 2.2 and 2.5 engines. the trigger setup is very similar to the miata one that has 4 prongs and a hall effect sensor. i have both the turbo and n/a distributor the turbo has 2 hall sensors and one of the fingers has a square whole in it while the n/a just has the 4 fingers. ive read there used to be a 2.2/2.5 turbo mode but it never worked correctly. i dont need sequential and am going to try my no2c first as it was sponsored for my van. any help would be greatly appreciated
By NickZ
I need a Nissan Tiida
Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 12.19.28 pm.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 12.19.28 pm.png (66.16 KiB) Viewed 8548 times
16 teeth and 2 missing at every 180 degrees on the crank, The cam doesn't make sense as it is also variable cam timing so it moves around.
Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Honda J30 running

Okay, we now need to talk about violence and backg[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?