Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By noisymime
OK, so this has been a long, long while coming (In fact, at 2.5 months, it's the longest there has ever been between Speeduino firmware releases), but there are a few tasty little additions that make it worth the wait!

The biggest one straight off the bat is the addition of composite logging! This has been one of the most requested features for a long, long time and is a tremendous help in diagnosing issues with trigger issues. For those not familiar with the composite logging function in Tuner Studio, this presents a scope like view of the crank and cam inputs, eg:
Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 2.29.22 pm.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 2.29.22 pm.png (243.53 KiB) Viewed 13938 times
In terms of other large changes, the other one this time around is the addition of customisable analog filter values. A few people have commented in the past that the filter on the TPS input was on the strong side, slowing down the reaction speed. Allowing the filter values to be set through Tuner Studio means that on setups with noise-free sensors, the filters can be turned down in order to give faster response times. If you are seeing noise though, the filter can be turned up to eliminate this. The dialog can be found under the Tools menu.
Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 11.03.36 pm.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 11.03.36 pm.png (385.24 KiB) Viewed 13938 times
I would strongly recommend double checking the values after upgrading to ensure they match the above, at least as a starting point.

So the full list of changes this time around are:
  • Composite logging now available
  • Customisable filters for all the analog inputs
  • A bunch of changes and tweaks on the Subaru 6/7 decoder
  • LEADING/TRAILING edge on the triggers have been renamed to RISING and FALLING. PLEASE CHECK YOU TRIGGER SETTINGS AFTER UPDATING TO ENSURE THIS IS CORRECT. Every effort has been made to ensure the update retains the correct setting, but please double check this after updating.
  • Bosch 3 bar MAP sensor calibration added
  • Fix to prevent Teensy setups from freezing if PWM idle is enabled
  • Fix a bug where the fuel pump priming would run indefinitely if the priming time was set to 0
  • Add a bunch of safety checks to help prevent pin clashes between 2 functions
As usual, please report any issues with this release on this post.

The firmware update can be downloaded from the usual place on the wiki: https://speeduino.com/wiki/images/d/d7/ ... -Oct18.zip
By Yoosyn
Just checked update with my Subaru (6/7 trigger). It is -4celcius today :D
Works fine, same as previous firmware starts a little rought (even when on operating temperature) comparing to OEM. I noticed there is new ignition mode for this trigger. I havent tried it yet. If I use it should I try to find Trigger Angle using timing light once again?
Got error just after update, but only once.
Cheers!
bladoct.jpg
bladoct.jpg (54.4 KiB) Viewed 13805 times
By PSIG
Awesome! :DImage Nice batch of big changes that should be very helpful.

A couple questions: Will the new filters affect input and processing function in each/every case, e.g., O2 corrections less aggressive with greater filtering? Separately, will input logging and gauge response be less defined with greater filtering?

Notes: • Composite tooth-logger should only be available and functional in registered versions of TunerStudio (TS limitation).

Rising and Falling are relative to which signal edge you want Speeduino to detect incoming on the processor pin — after the sensor action and any input conditioner or circuit effects.

For examples; if you want to detect the trailing-edges of a missing-tooth wheel, most (not all) Hall sensors ground on the tooth detection, and so the input edge for correct reading would be Rising in that case. Alternatively, a correct-polarity ('correctly' wired) VR sensor also looking for tooth trailing-edge detection would typically have a rising voltage as the tooth approaches and falling on the trailing edge, however if using an inverting signal conditioner (MAX992x, LM1815, etc), the signal at the Mega will be Rising in order to properly detect the tooth trailing edge.

I would strongly suggest using the tooth-logger, or a meter/'scope on the Mega input pins, or the output LEDs on some conditioner modules (MiniMAX-A2, DSC, etc) in order to test and verify the correct selection for the tooth edge detection required — no different than before, but now less confusing with the Rising/Falling terms. :D Thanks to Josh for the change, and hopefully the new terms will result in correct settings more often, with fewer timing and crank/cam decoder issues.
David
By mech5107
Just updated my mega with the latest firmware and connected to tuner studio lite to check the composite logger.
Seems not available (like before). Am i doing something wrong?
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (53.14 KiB) Viewed 13688 times
By ryan_pajero-io
mech5107 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:45 pm Just updated my mega with the latest firmware and connected to tuner studio lite to check the composite logger.
Seems not available (like before). Am i doing something wrong?
I think David (PSIG)has already answered your question
You need a registered version of TS
By Yoosyn
Reporting problems with Subaru 6/7
First: it is hard to start engine. One time it got sync, other time not. Is there any chance to choose vr signal filters? It is unavailable after update.
Second: I experienced minor misfire. Random situations, one-few times a minute. I feel it get worse with new ignition mode, but at the same time engine feels better with it. Two screens from LPG computer - it act like osciloscope. Red line is RPM derived from one ignition coil signal. Tuner studio logs looks good.
pik.jpg
pik.jpg (300.79 KiB) Viewed 13307 times
pik2.jpg
pik2.jpg (301.27 KiB) Viewed 13307 times
By TZ350
Was the staged injection fix included in the latest Firmware Release??

Needed to ask as I am not confident I can reliably figure it out from the code for myself .... :)

Thanks.
Attachments
Screenshot (82).png
Screenshot (82).png (208.67 KiB) Viewed 12186 times
By noisymime
TZ350 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:16 pm .
Was the staged injection fix included in the latest Firmware Release??

Needed to ask as I am not confident I can reliably figure it out from the code for myself .... :)
Alas no, it just missed out. Is there for the next release in a few weeks though.
Ignition Angle doubled?

I just erased the flash, went back to 2023-10, cre[…]

Doesn't look like you can edit posts? Correct. […]

BMW E23 M30B28

Don't forget, you can always fall-back to the &[…]

The basetunes were on so old version that they did[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?