For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By infinityedge
On some 2001+ Harley Davidson motorcycles, Delphi made a simple dual-coil single ion sensing unit that can probably be used for pairs of cylinders. I'm having a hard finding anything but press releases about it though.

Part # 31696-07A or 28058097.

$40 new or as low as $5 used.

Plug schematic from some dude in this thread:

http://rusefi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=963

Like has been mentioned before, doing anything with the signal might be hard. I bet it will require the Teensy3.5 option along with the audio library.

https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_Audio.html
By Mercmadness
bylund_automotive wrote:Yes, we offer the TPIC8101
Awesome Ill look at implementing..
Thanks!!
Great work!!
By andrey
ArthurKolomiets wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:02 pm TPIC8101 is not the complete solution which reports to the controller about presence of a detonation. TPIC8101 is just the amplifier of a signal from the knock sensor with the programmable gain and frequency filter. When using this chip the signal from it must be processed by some DSP or MCU
I believe TPIC8101 does NOT require DSP processing, it's more that just an amplifier.

You communicate with TPIC8101 over SPI and specify which frequency and what gain you need. TPIC8101 produces digital or analog output signal. ECU also tells TPIC8101 when to integrate and when know - I assume the idea is that you only listen for knock during specific crankshaft angles.
By bylund_automotive
andrey wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:25 pm I assume the idea is that you only listen for knock during specific crankshaft angles.
That is correct. You control the TPIC8101 to listen when knock is expected. You can do this for individual cylinders as well as for cylinder banks. Read more in our technical manual for the Knock Shield.
By bylund_automotive
andrey wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:08 pm Did you guys test your device on a real vehicle? I've played with TPIC8101 myself but never got any convincing results on my test mule vehicle.
I have worked with it in our dynamometer development. Without knowing "when" you are actually measuring, it is not very useful. I am working on our next generation of dynamometer hardware where I will use the TPIC8101 to listen on individual cylinders before firing by setting integration windows along 720° crankshaft angles. That is the idea anyways.

In my opinion the tricky part is to capture knocking in the measurement. Do you have any idea on when you have been measuring vs ignition or TDC?

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?