Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
By zxer
noisymime wrote:
zxer wrote:I first thought as you mentioned but now have doubts . zx-11 firing order is 1-2-4-3 (not to cause confusion ; not ignition with wasted spark but firing , combustion order)
which means 1st and 4th cylinders are at tdc while 2nd and 3rd are at the bottom.
ignition works 1-4 and 2-3 . (wasted) so while 1st cylinder is at the tdc (duty cycle) and getting spark 4th cylinder will also be getting spark and its intake valves will be open, if there's injection and spark , I think it will cause a miss fire . What do you think ?
That should be fine. Many thousands of engines have run wasted spark in that same configuration :D

When cylinder 1 fires, it will be say 20 degrees before TDC. Cylinder 4 will therefore be 20 degrees from completing it's exhaust stroke. The spark occurring at that time on cylinder 4 won't cause any problems at all. Even on an engine with a crazy cam and heaps of overlap, the piston is still forcing air/exhaust OUT the valves, not sucking it in, so there won't be a pop out either the inlet or the exhaust.
OK thanks for the clarification . I just thought that wasted spark ignition systems were all with carburated fuel systems. With the carb there won't be any fuel getting out of the jets since there won't be any suction from the wasted spark cylinder. But in case of simult. injection there will be fuel coming off weather the cylinder is sucking or not . Anyways if it's OK then it's OK . :)
zxer wrote: I just thought that wasted spark ignition systems were all with carburated fuel systems. With the carb there won't be any fuel getting out of the jets since there won't be any suction from the wasted spark cylinder.
The vast, vast majority of fuel injected cars up to the late 90s all used wasted spark. There were exceptions, but it was definitely the norm throughout the 80s and 90s.
Anyways if it's OK then it's OK . :)
You'll be fine, I've run more engines than I can count in this setup without any issues :D
Hello again ,

I am having some progress .
Trying to sort things out one by one and set up the picture in my head .
Now it's about the pcb v0.3.1
I have downed schematic v0.3.1.fzz . opened it up in fritzing. Looked at the circuit and with my not perfect but little circuit knowledge I noticed that some connections are missing. Then I noticed this is not a result (if correct word) circuit.
When I click on autoroute it completed the missing routes . But as for many things I couldn't be sure that the completed autoroute is the final circuit . IS it ? Is there a special reason why this circuit has some uncomplete routes ? Is it the v0.3.1.fzz is uncomplete ? Is there any complete .fzz ? Is it all I have to do to click autoroute and what it gives me is the final prinatble ?
:) sorry about the endless questions . Thanks .
zxer wrote:But as for many things I couldn't be sure that the completed autoroute is the final circuit . IS it ? Is there a special reason why this circuit has some uncomplete routes ? Is it the v0.3.1.fzz is uncomplete ? Is there any complete .fzz ? Is it all I have to do to click autoroute and what it gives me is the final prinatble ?
Are you talking about all the black lines? If so, those are all ground connection points and get connected when the ground fill is added (This is the last step before the gerbers are generated). You definitely don't want to do an autoroute on those connections.

Is there something specific you're looking to change?
Sorry about my lack of knowledge about fritzing. The problem is when I click on export for pcb I get the notification "All traces have not been routed. Do you want to proceed anyway?" message whether groundfill is performed or not .
I would surprised and amazed if our poor little arduino could cope with reading that and doing anything else at the same time !
dazq wrote:I would surprised and amazed if our poor little arduino could cope with reading that and doing anything else at the same time !
A 60-2 crank wheel at 10000 RPM would output 166.67 pulses per second.
This, on the crank, at 10000 RPM and without considering missing windows, would be giving 60 thousand pulses per second. :o
"A 60-2 crank wheel at 10000 RPM would output 166.67 pulses per second"

Would it!
:o
Not to be picky but think again.

Very best regards , Hasse.

Ok, I feel so stupid. I was running the Uno output[…]

Let's all have a laugh for second. There's trash[…]

It has been done more than a few times, there was […]

Thanks yes, I would really appreciate all the help[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?