For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By dazq
majinsoftware wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:15 am Just wondering where the self dignostic code progress has gotten too.
One requirement for a car where I live is 6 monthly inspections and one of the tests is the CEL comes on during fuel pump prime and goes out signally there are no faults during running.

If the self dignostics is still ages off could I request, Having another setting in the fuel pump page to output to a different pin during prime (trigger CEL) then output stops after prime (CEL goes off and doesnt come back on until engine off and prime again)

Also this code could maybe be expanded to work as shift light (selectable RPM trigger)
After reading this I have just added such a feature to my GPIO, with selectable on time and output pin. I may add the code to my next speeduino pr submission (which will be going in within next few days,) as it seems a good idea :-)
By turboedge
majinsoftware wrote:If the self dignostics is still ages off could I request, Having another setting in the fuel pump page to output to a different pin during prime (trigger CEL) then output stops after prime (CEL goes off and doesnt come back on until engine off and prime again)
Did you ever work at VW? :lol:
By apollard
dazq wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:42 am
majinsoftware wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:15 am Just wondering where the self dignostic code progress has gotten too.
One requirement for a car where I live is 6 monthly inspections and one of the tests is the CEL comes on during fuel pump prime and goes out signally there are no faults during running.

If the self dignostics is still ages off could I request, Having another setting in the fuel pump page to output to a different pin during prime (trigger CEL) then output stops after prime (CEL goes off and doesnt come back on until engine off and prime again)

Also this code could maybe be expanded to work as shift light (selectable RPM trigger)
After reading this I have just added such a feature to my GPIO, with selectable on time and output pin. I may add the code to my next speeduino pr submission (which will be going in within next few days,) as it seems a good idea :-)

I would be very careful with this. In the US, doing this is illegal (ie, making it look like the self diagnostic emissions system is working). The law allows heavy fines and/or criminal charges for anyone designing such a system - or installing it.

It could be a huge liability personally and for the whole speeduino project.
By dazq
Yes I couldn't agree more, to use it in that sense ,it was something we talked about regarding odb.
I am using it as a ecu health check that shows the config has been read ,serial ports enabled successfully and canbus enabled successfully.
If one of these actions fails then it stays lit!
Very useful as you won't always have TS connected to see that something had not done what it's supposed to, perhaps more so for gpio than speedy as an error may not be immediately obvious. :-)
By majinsoftware
Iv got the CEL working as I required for my application.

Next things that would be on my wish list.

Dynamic boost building launch control.
You set the target boost and rpm range. It uses the lowest RPM in that range to hold your target boost.
So on my car for example.
Target 14psi and range 3000-6000rpm.
Launch goes up to 6000rpm boost is built then RPM starts dropping back, mine usually sits at 3200-3400rpm still holding that same boost but requires a lot high rpm to get the thing spun up initially.

Traction control using A15 input.
My current system uses two frequency to voltage converter chips and a voltage compare chip that outputs the voltage offset.
Frequency is taken from 1 front and 1 rear wheel on the same side.
Them timing is retarded depending on voltage input into ECU and if a max set voltage is reached then a output is triggered, Which in my case is the low boost solenoid keeping the car at 14psi instead of going into high boost 28psi.

And just a suggestion
for the launch control as it is at the moment.
A TPS threshold should be added, Such as it doesnt engage if TPS is less then 80%
By 245TurboT5
8 ignition outputs for COP and 8 sequential injector outputs is a big need for me, since my 5 cylinder Volvo 240 project has unexpectedly grown another three cylinders!!! :)
By apollard
245TurboT5 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:52 pm 8 ignition outputs for COP and 8 sequential injector outputs is a big need for me, since my 5 cylinder Volvo 240 project has unexpectedly grown another three cylinders!!! :)
LOL welcome to the dark side
By XeDoX
Hello guys. Is there any progress with the dual fuel and ignition tables? Im interested in using the Speeduino on a supercharged petrol engine with LPG system on it.
By fram
Could we go for a dedicated Serial port for Bluetooth module? Serial 2 maybe?
The goal is to have a hardwired serial 0 to the USB, and a hardwired serial 2 to bluetooth module.

Firmware will check first Serial 0 , and then secondly will check serial 2 for serial com.
Is it make sense for next PCB/Firmware revision?

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wou[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?