Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By noisymime
Time again for another monthly dose of firmware goodness!

Much of the effort this month has been around little tweaks specific to the MX5 / Miata PNP units, but there are a HEAP of other changes as well. Most significant of these is a complete rewrite of the closed loop boost control. There may still be some more work required in this area, but early testing (Thanks dancake!) seems to indicate this is doing all the right things.
  • New closed loop boost control that includes basic and advanced modes, as well as the addition of a sensitivity slider
  • Rotary support! Ignition mode for the RX7 FC has been added, with FD and RX8 modes coming shortly. Documentation is needed here, but it is all working (On at least 1 car).
  • Rewrite of the 99-05 Miata decoder pattern
  • Many improvements to the MX5 PNP support, including better syncing and starting on the 4g63 decoder
  • Decoder added for the Harley EVO (Thanks to bitwise17 for this!)
  • Heaps of small improvements on the Nissan 360 decoder. Documentation has also been written for this
  • Fixed a bug where the tacho wouldn't work on Wasted COP setups
  • Fixed bug that messed up pulse width calculation for boost values over 255kPa
  • Tons of stm32 support work from VitorBoss
  • A whole bunch of little improvements to the interface elements in TunerStudio
So that's another month down! Keep you eyes peeled for some more great changes coming up in September, but in terms of hardware and software.

As always, the firmware bundle can be downloaded from the wiki: https://speeduino.com/wiki/images/c/ca/ ... -Aug17.zip

Hopefully there shouldn't be any issues with this released version (Unlike the initial one last month), but if anyone sees any issues, please do let me know ASAP in this thread
By Rocket
turbonetics wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:21 pm It will happen someday :D. Did you think about traction control option? .Something like ASR.
It can be done already quite easy. Monitor wheels speed with arduino namo, pro mini or any other uc , set slip limits for different driving modes and then limit is reached give hi signal for speeduino on launch control/flat shift pin and it effectively reduce engine power almost like ASR do.
By Mrgeeky
Awesome work again, thanks for sorting the wasted cop tacho. I run fully sequential now but for people who want wasted cop that will make them happy! Going to load this in later and see how it goes! :D
By stormfinder
Possible bug in august stable, and sept dev firmware.

I have collaborated this bug with one other person here (PSIG), and another member on miataturbo.net

Since updating to the august (or in my case september) firmware, when writing a tune. i have to re write the tables, particularily the VE table most often, 3-5 times before it will stick.

also, with me, and the other mt.net member, neither of us can use ve live, or change the ve table with the key on (engine on or off) without the speeduino going offline. (and shutting the car off if its running)

hope we can figure it out. thanks
By noisymime
stormfinder wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:58 pm Possible bug in august stable, and sept dev firmware.

I have collaborated this bug with one other person here (PSIG), and another member on miataturbo.net

Since updating to the august (or in my case september) firmware, when writing a tune. i have to re write the tables, particularily the VE table most often, 3-5 times before it will stick.

also, with me, and the other mt.net member, neither of us can use ve live, or change the ve table with the key on (engine on or off) without the speeduino going offline. (and shutting the car off if its running)

hope we can figure it out. thanks
Thanks for this, I caught in the in the other thread/s. There were only very small changes around the comms code in August, but I'll play with them over the next few days and see if they made any difference here.

I've attached a copy of the Sep dev ini file below that reverses out the comms timing changes that were made in August. You can try that if you want and see if it makes any difference, but like I said, I'll look into this in detail over the next few days.
(166.66 KiB) Downloaded 278 times
By stormfinder
Gave that ini a shot.

Problem is still persisting.

I can repeat the problem every time, simply by modifying the ve table then trying to write it to the ECU.

The speeduino will go offline, and reconnect, I'll click send tuner studio settings, and it'll do that 2 or three times, sometimes it sends some of the values but not all, (for example, I set all cells to 15, tried to burn, and just over half were at 15, two more Burns and the table was more complete each time)

However, datalog capability is not affected and is still working fine (unless you try to edit ve table of course.)
Ignition Angle doubled?

I just erased the flash, went back to 2023-10, cre[…]

Doesn't look like you can edit posts? Correct. […]

BMW E23 M30B28

Don't forget, you can always fall-back to the &[…]

The basetunes were on so old version that they did[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?