Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By noisymime
Ok, so I fully admit that this is the latest I've gotten a monthly firmware out, but in my defence it's been a huge month of work!

Before anyone gets too excited, a lot of the work in the June firmware is 'under the covers' rather than being sexy new features, but personally I consider the changes made this month to be some of the most important I've done in at least the last 12 months. From a reliability and accuracy perspective, there is no question that this firmware is the best since the project started.

Firstly, as mentioned last month, I have been working to make the firmware MISRA compliant. This work is now completed (With 2 documented/accepted deviations) making the codebase MISRA C:2012 compliant! :D
To ensure this continues to comply, I've also now setup automated scanning, which performs a code validation each time their is a change made on github.

Second, based on some fantastic testing and feedback from user mocia on the forums, there have been a couple of changes made to ensure more consistent operation at mid to high RPMs. One of these is to do with injector pulse consistency at high duty cycles and is detailed below, the other is an experimental new feature that changes the way ignition signals are timed. In testing, this has proven to give significantly more precise ignition signals (Down to worst case ~0.3 degrees accuracy at 6000rpm), in particular at higher RPMs. Currently this feature is only available on missing tooth trigger inputs, but it will be rolled out across all patterns in the next month. If you are using a missing tooth wheel and want to try this out, it can be enabled in the Trigger Setup dialog.

So those are the big headline items. Like I said, a LOT of under the covers type work that doesn't necessarily result in flashy new features, but is critical for Speeduino's maturity as more and more engines come on board. Other than the above, the full list of changes is below:
  • Changed the method that was being used on the injector outputs to be more accurate, be faster to execute and guarantee proper scheduling at high speeds. This allows for extremely high duty cycles (Beyond the limits of most injectors) without any signal corruption, as could potentially have occurred previously on duty cycles above ~85%
  • Initial version of a Daihatsu +1 trigger pattern. This is for 3 and 4 cylinder Daihatsu engines with the 3+1 or 4+1 cam sensor
  • Allow for custom MAP sensor calibration rather than only using the values in the list
  • A number of minor performance improvements in some functions
  • Tidy up a number of warnings that some people may have been seeing in TunerStudio
The firmware bundle can be downloaded from: https://speeduino.com/wiki/images/0/0f/ ... _Jun17.zip (See below)

For this month, it's recommended that you update to the latest version of Tuner Studio (Currently 3.0.26) as a number of the newer changes rely upon features that have only been added to TS over the past few months.
As usual, always remember to load in the new speeduino.ini file into your project once you've updated the firmware.

If any issues are found, please let me know in this thread or in Slack.

EDIT:
Have uploaded a new version as a table bug was found in the original one posted. No need to reload the ini with this, just upload the new code. Updated version is at: https://speeduino.com/wiki/images/c/c3/ ... Jun17b.zip
By dan.elliott
Great work!
By R4 MOTORSPORTS
THANKS
That is wonderful

I have installed that in a very old car in waste spark mode.
Renault R4 1300cc
That works exellent

Thanks From Bogotá - Colombia
Sorry for my bad English :D :D :D
By noisymime
R4 MOTORSPORTS wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:38 pm THANKS
That is wonderful

Renault R4 1300cc
That works exellent

I would LOVE to see some pics or video of this if you have any. I have a bit of a soft spot for R4s :D
By ktop
once more outstanding work Josh!
One comment, TunerStudio stable version is 3.0.22 and 3.0.26+ is on Beta still.
Just in case people were looking for it.
By TadyTheFish
R4 MOTORSPORTS wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:38 pm THANKS
That is wonderful

Renault R4 1300cc
That works exellent

This is something I would also like to see :D !!

Had it running for a short period again. Same as […]

Ok, here is the first version of the adapter plate[…]

Ignition Angle doubled?

don't load your old tune in case it is corrupted[…]

Yes, totally wrong setting. Slight noise in TPS ca[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?