Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By apollard
Although people will tell you different, narrow band only gives you information on the mixture being rich or lean (based on 14.7 stoichmetric). No information on how far rich / lean - and that is necessary to accurately compute fuel amounts.
By noisymime
To put it very bluntly, because narrowband sensors have next to no ability to give you a valid AFR reading. They can essentially measure whether you're rich or lean of 14.7, but that's all you can truly rely on them for.

Widebands are fairly cheap these days and it's simply not worth it to try and cobble something together with a narrowband that is so much more limited.
By PSIG
+1 to both above, as you technically can split hairs and get some 'reasonable' but limited AFR info from a NB sensor. But the exercise would be silly, given you can purchase WB controllers from multiple vendors for $25 to $35, with greater accuracy and range than the best NB controller you could devise based on sensor limitations. I'm all for saving money, but the savings in time and frustration far outweighs the investment into NB, in my opinion.

David
By ElDominio
PSIG wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:08 am +1 to both above, as you technically can split hairs and get some 'reasonable' but limited AFR info from a NB sensor. But the exercise would be silly, given you can purchase WB controllers from multiple vendors for $25 to $35, with greater accuracy and range than the best NB controller you could devise based on sensor limitations. I'm all for saving money, but the savings in time and frustration far outweighs the investment into NB, in my opinion.

David
Aside from Alan's offerings, what other cheap and good controller is there? Legitimate question.

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Niiiice... 8-) Looking forward to your updates![…]

I'd be surprised if its not a 32-bit processor on[…]

I search for the datasheet of the IC and the on[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?