For anything related to the 'official' Speeduino boards (Eg v0.3, v0.4 etc)
By apollard
dazq wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:53 pm
apollard wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:15 pm I use idle, O2 (and a second O2) and FP on the 0.3 board. No need in my application for the others - it has a whole lake for cooling water :).
Do you use the second o2 ts display option from speeduino?
Yes, through speeduino and display / log in TunerStudio. I added the second circuit and enabled the code in speedy. I need it because the marine application I have uses exhaust that is separated between V8 banks. So, no common point to monitor. The second sensor is only for monitoring to ensure no fuel distribution problems. Winter got here before I got it tuned though, so more work to do in the spring.
By evo_lucian
TDSA wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:08 pm
evo_lucian wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:17 pm quick points from me, though I have not done any testing with the v0.4.2 PCB, I share the concerns here. Although speeduino is no where closeto be called a finished product, the learning curve is intensified when you have to factor in non functioning pin outputs and possible code adjusting on the end user in.

Documentation documentation documentation ! I cannot stress that enough. PSIG preaches it every time we speak. This project will not succeed or do so slowly, if we fail to dociment changes, issues, bugs, fixes and solutions.

I made the switch to a v0.3.2 from a v0.4 and I am enjoying it and honestly I may never do a v0.4.2 unless someone asked me to. This is not to say that the v0.4 series is in anyway inadequate its just my opinion that the less technically inclined persons here will have a better experience using a v0.3 series board.
Is it safe to say that the issues i have with the 0.4.2 board don't exist with the 0.3 board?
Do the outputs and features work with the 0.3board?

Is anyone using the 0.3board with the fuel pump, thermofan, boost control, idle control, O2 and VVT??

Is Flex fuel available on the 0.3board?
Honestly I have zero issues with my v0.3.2. I am only using boost and fuel pump outputs. I will hopefully get around to idle control over the weekend. Flex fuel is available for all speeduino boardd
By cx500tc
TDSA wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:28 am ...
CX500tc - sorry you clearly aren't running one of these boards on an engine are you? Otherwise you would be a little more helpful instead of critical of honest, frustrating questions from fellow enthusiasts.
You are correct. I don't have an engine running one of those boards.

I have been too busy trying to figure out the basics my bike needs: 500cc and almost 20PSI boost is a handful. Crank and cam position, coolant temp, throttle position, MAP and air temp are MY basics. ;)

I have not been dealing with extensions like cooling fan, fuel pump and idle speed controls. The "stock" EFI system handled those perfectly well, as in the system DID NOT control those, and I am leaving those alone. My 22RE Toyota is similar, not needing those either... so your idea of "basic" isn't... is it?

I have only been designing my own ECU to run Speeduino. ;)
By dazq
apollard wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:57 pm
dazq wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:53 pm
apollard wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:15 pm I use idle, O2 (and a second O2) and FP on the 0.3 board. No need in my application for the others - it has a whole lake for cooling water :).
Do you use the second o2 ts display option from speeduino?
Yes, through speeduino and display / log in TunerStudio. I added the second circuit and enabled the code in speedy. I need it because the marine application I have uses exhaust that is separated between V8 banks. So, no common point to monitor. The second sensor is only for monitoring to ensure no fuel distribution problems. Winter got here before I got it tuned though, so more work to do in the spring.
Great you are the first person i have heard of that uses that feature apart from me (i added it to code for my v6)
:-)
By TDSA
evo_lucian wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:34 pm
TDSA wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:08 pm
evo_lucian wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:17 pm quick points from me, though I have not done any testing with the v0.4.2 PCB, I share the concerns here. Although speeduino is no where closeto be called a finished product, the learning curve is intensified when you have to factor in non functioning pin outputs and possible code adjusting on the end user in.

Documentation documentation documentation ! I cannot stress that enough. PSIG preaches it every time we speak. This project will not succeed or do so slowly, if we fail to dociment changes, issues, bugs, fixes and solutions.

I made the switch to a v0.3.2 from a v0.4 and I am enjoying it and honestly I may never do a v0.4.2 unless someone asked me to. This is not to say that the v0.4 series is in anyway inadequate its just my opinion that the less technically inclined persons here will have a better experience using a v0.3 series board.
Is it safe to say that the issues i have with the 0.4.2 board don't exist with the 0.3 board?
Do the outputs and features work with the 0.3board?

Is anyone using the 0.3board with the fuel pump, thermofan, boost control, idle control, O2 and VVT??

Is Flex fuel available on the 0.3board?
Honestly I have zero issues with my v0.3.2. I am only using boost and fuel pump outputs. I will hopefully get around to idle control over the weekend. Flex fuel is available for all speeduino boardd
Thanks a lot - ill get cracking on a V0.3 board in the mean time then - since the basic features work.

Had it running for a short period again. Same as […]

Ok, here is the first version of the adapter plate[…]

Ignition Angle doubled?

don't load your old tune in case it is corrupted[…]

Yes, totally wrong setting. Slight noise in TPS ca[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?