For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By Geo
This link gives the English version of the above site. I wish I could read Russian though.

http://secu-3.org/documentation/?lang=en
By Billzilla
edc_atl wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:49 pm
noisymime wrote:How would you look to drive the fan? The boards outputs are intended to control a relay, not the fan directly. PWM won't work with the relay, so you'd need an offboard high current driver.
Glad you mentioned that, you actually beat me to the punchline.

We manufacture and maintain stock of a small module that takes care of this, very popular with the aftermarket ECU crowd.

Enclosed are schematics and so on, very compact and very easy to make it work with the same I/O output at different speeds.
Does anyone know where to get that unit? The user is no longer a member of this forum.
By curtis12321
noisymime wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:29 pm How would you look to drive the fan? The boards outputs are intended to control a relay, not the fan directly. PWM won't work with the relay, so you'd need an offboard high current driver.
Can this not be done with a solid state relay and some coding?
By Billzilla
curtis12321 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:07 am
noisymime wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:29 pm How would you look to drive the fan? The boards outputs are intended to control a relay, not the fan directly. PWM won't work with the relay, so you'd need an offboard high current driver.
Can this not be done with a solid state relay and some coding?
Probably, but I'm lazy. :)
By dazq
Billzilla wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:33 am
edc_atl wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:49 pm
noisymime wrote:How would you look to drive the fan? The boards outputs are intended to control a relay, not the fan directly. PWM won't work with the relay, so you'd need an offboard high current driver.
Glad you mentioned that, you actually beat me to the punchline.

We manufacture and maintain stock of a small module that takes care of this, very popular with the aftermarket ECU crowd.

Enclosed are schematics and so on, very compact and very easy to make it work with the same I/O output at different speeds.
Does anyone know where to get that unit? The user is no longer a member of this forum.
The user you mention is departed ( RIP) !

There are many OEM that have suitable relay and pwm modules you could use eg BMW and jaguar
By punisher454
I have used a variable speed Volvo fan that uses a pwm signal. I used an arduino nano, and wired the pwm output directly to the fan controllers pwm signal input wire. It worked fine just like that. I also have a BMW water pump (pierburg CWA400)That can be controlled by a PWM input that I plan on using on one of my cars soon.
only problem I see having speeduino control an external pwm device is that it may use up a timer to do so.
By Billzilla
dazq wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:11 am There are many OEM that have suitable relay and pwm modules you could use eg BMW and jaguar
Sorry to ask what is a silly question - What search term should I use to find such devices? Or perhaps a link to some please?
By dazq
Jaguar s type and x type have single and dual fan versions respectively that use pwm in,
This sort of thing but are usually sold complete with the fan motor too!
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/JAGUAR-X-TYPE- ... nav=SEARCH
I believe the BMW mini type is the samesirt of unit also
By Billzilla
Thanks. It was suggested elsewhere that I should just use a plain solid-state relay. Does that sound feasible?
Attachments
37511288_10215178661233249_1663024861863215104_n.jpg
37511288_10215178661233249_1663024861863215104_n.jpg (42.59 KiB) Viewed 7946 times

I uploaded logs and last tune and dyno plots look[…]

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wou[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?