Any strange behaviour, crashing issues etc, post them here! Problems compiling the firmware should go in the General support section rather than here
By noisymime
If you've come across something that appears to be an actual bug with existing features, the easiest way for me to track it is if you raise a bug report on github: https://github.com/noisymime/speeduino/issues

If you don't have github access, feel free to post a thread here about it, but having it on github allows for easier tracking, particularly of complex issues.
By Yachtsman
This isn't really a bug, it's a case of Microsoft doing whatever they can to make whatever is written on a Windows machine not open smoothly on a Linux box.
The BoM for my Speeduiono V.03 Board which now I have ( I suppose it came air mail because it wasn't heavy) was hard to open because Microsoft make it their business to keep changing the file type instead of keeping it to.xls, they've started throwing an extra x in. :?
By cx500tc
Yachtsman wrote:This isn't really a bug, it's a case of Microsoft doing whatever they can to make whatever is written on a Windows machine not open smoothly on a Linux box.
The BoM for my Speeduiono V.03 Board which now I have ( I suppose it came air mail because it wasn't heavy) was hard to open because Microsoft make it their business to keep changing the file type instead of keeping it to.xls, they've started throwing an extra x in. :?
XLS is the traditional, standard Excel spreadsheet file format, from 1993-2005 IIRC.
XLSX is the newer version, introduced in 2007, and is an XML based, Open XML format.

You can save to either format from any of the newer Excel versions by doing a File and Save as... then selecting the appropriate option in the dialog box.

Libre Office or whichever office suite on Linux you use should be able to open the file regardless since the Open XML based file format is an open standard. If your program can't open an xlsx file, it's their fault, not Microsoft's.
By Yachtsman
XLS is the traditional, standard Excel spreadsheet file format, from 1993-2005 IIRC.
XLSX is the newer version, introduced in 2007, and is an XML based, Open XML format.
So Microsoft changed they had to make their product backwards compatable the .xls wasn't Microsoft anyway it was some other company way back in the 90's probably before.
Last edited by Yachtsman on Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
By cx500tc
Yachtsman wrote:
So Microsoft changed they had to make their product backwards compatable the .xls wasn't Microsoft anyway it was some other company way back in the 90's probably before
Seriously?

Back in the 90's... Microsoft Excel maybe?

Do you argue for the sake of arguing or are you really so bat-shit, backwards ass of a thinker that you don't realize how much of an asshole you appear to be to others?

Well?
By Yachtsman
Lotus had a large part of the spreadsheet market at least in the UK, then that disappeared and Office came out they used the .xls suffixhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotus_Software
Last edited by Yachtsman on Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
By KLAS
i only know that Lotus used .wks or .wk plus version number. so version 3 used .wk3. big advantage of Lotus was that it could read/write/save a lot of other data formats, like .xls. other way around was not that easy.
but thats not a bug worth reporting ;)
By cx500tc
Yachtsman wrote:Lotus had a large part of the spreadsheet market at least in the UK, then that disappeared and Office came out they used the .xls suffixhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotus_Software
And your point with this is what?
By Yachtsman
I said it wasn't a bug just Microsoft making it hard to use other OS's. That was my point.
By cx500tc
Yachtsman wrote:I said it wasn't a bug just Microsoft making it hard to use other OS's. That was my point.
And that's not relevant to this thread topic since this is about Speeduino.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?