For discussion of anything related to the Speeduino documentation wiki
By PSIG
I'm thinking a new Wiki section along the lines of "Board Testing and Troubleshooting" or some such. Would be good for the obvious, and diagnostics for installed systems also. While I would normally suggest they be separate, it might do well to run them back-to-back for reference during diag's on installed systems. Would also help in some hardware configuration setup tests. Hmmm...

David
By Old Grey
apollard wrote:Odd. I'm running a Win 7 64 bit with SP1 and have not had that issue. Hasn't shown on my Win 7 32 bit at work either. Good old Windows... :lol:
Ah, I have never had my auto updates turned on, because it slows everything down and because MS gets too nosey 8-), so it might be missing a patch.
PSIG wrote:I'm thinking a new Wiki section along the lines of "Board Testing and Troubleshooting" or some such.
I was just thinking about that. If nothing goes wrong you don't need to know much, like the basics of Arduino, but if something does go wrong, then it's a super hard slog if you don't know the basics. Either way a troubleshooting would be good, but could also end up massive.
By cx500tc
Old Grey wrote:
PSIG wrote:I'm thinking a new Wiki section along the lines of "Board Testing and Troubleshooting" or some such.
I was just thinking about that. If nothing goes wrong you don't need to know much, like the basics of Arduino, but if something does go wrong, then it is a super hard slog if you don't know the basics. Either way a troubleshooting would be good, but could also end up massive.
Yeah, there's a lot to go through, if you wanted to go back in time and bring issues forward for the Wiki.

Maybe, in parallel, forum topics could be set up under a "Troubleshooting" forum section, broken out into sub-sections based on OS, Speeduino board revision and such.
Code: Select all
Speeduino
|
+- Existing topics
|
+- Troubleshooting (section header)
 \
  +- Speeduino Hardware (sub-section header)
  |    \
  |     +- V0.3.x (topics)
  |     +- V0.4.x (topics)
  |     +- V0.X.x (topics)
  |
   +- Speeduino Firmware (sub-section header)
  |    \
  |     +- V0.3.x (topics)
  |     +- V0.4.x (topics)
  |     +- V0.X.x (topics)
  |
  +- Tuner Studio (sub-section header)
  |
  +- OS (sub-section header)
  |    \
  |     +- Linux (topics)
  |     +- Windows (topics)
  |     +- OSx (topics)
  |
  +- General (sub-section header)
        \
         +- Arduino (topics)
         +- Vehicle / Engine (topics)
If the users would cooperate, the Wiki might write itself. Otherwise, might need some active administration / moderation. And by "cooperate", I mean that if a user has a project going on and encounters an issue, start a topic in the "Troubleshooting" section most appropriate for the issue and post a link in their project to that "Troubleshooting" topic they started, maybe even linking back from the "Troubleshooting" topic to their project. Also, ask questions about "this" or "that" in troubleshooting... may be too complicated....
By Old Grey
A lot of what is talked about goes over my head, that's why I'm never in the firmware section, but the simplest way would be to go back and read all the posts with problems, summarise them, and add a solution. I know there was a lot of problem posts, but I think there was only a few problems that got repeated a lot, ie can't connect, won't compile, etc.

The one thing I find lacking with most Wikis' is that they are very dry, because they are full of text. I like the visual ones with a lot of pics and small text instructions, but that is a lot of work, and the instructions now seam to work with a dummy like me.
By cjcalhoun85
[quote="Old Grey" post_id=13093 time=1475286110 user_id=298]
I tried another Win7 64 SP1 and it still says "Do you want to copy folder without encryption". Skip produces nothing and Yes produces files.

I am having this same problem at the moment on my computer. I read the link about the issue that was posted but I am not very computer savvy so it sounds like Greek to me. can someone give me a step by step instruction on how to fix this issue? might be nice to ad the how to fix this issue to the wiki.
By cjcalhoun85
I am using the latest Arduino ide it has something to do with the way windows 7 zip extractor unzips the firmware packages that were created using mac. I downloaded the latest firmware from the wiki page. I will try some things when I get off work tonight and see if that helps.
By cjcalhoun85
ok i got it figured out. it was just a little confusion on my part. unzip the file and then click on every folder that says speeduino. that will pull up a bunch of files that have the arduino logo beside them and find speeduino and click on it and in my version of ide it will automaticly start ide and load the sketch. the problem i had was that the wiki says to find speeduino.ino and my file browser never showed a file name speeduino.ino. just saw the arduino icon with speeduino beside it. i guess i just need to go back to computers 101. i am a little illiterate when it comes to navigating software side of things.
By cjcalhoun85
something else i just found out also i went to the serial monitor after compiling and installing the firmware like it said on the wiki. i typed in a capital s and nothing happened. dang what is going on here. compiled and flashed it another time. same thing nothing happened. for some reason on the bottom right corner of the serial monitor it lists the baud rate ate 9600. i remembered reading something on here about 115200 baud rate so i said what the heck i will try it. low and behold its working like its supposed to. i am using ide 1.8.2. the reason i was worried is because the ide message never changed or said anything different after i flashed the firmware. just said done loading in the little blue strip above the ide message. anyways long story short it is working and uploaded to my arduino mega. just thought you might want to know this bit of information to help another dummy like me out in the future.

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?