For general talk about the Speeduino project itself. Future plans, legal stuff, meta etc.

Which new logo do you prefer the most?

16%
No votes
0%
34%
3%
10%
32%
3%
3%
Other - Comment below WITH your preferred
No votes
0%
By noisymime
Ok, the discussion over in the other thread about a new logo has been going on for a little while, but seems like everyone has put their ideas out that is going to. I think it's time to throw it open to a vote to see what is popular and should be looked into more seriously.

I've taken all the logos from the other thread (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=859) that met (or could foreseably meet) the 2 colour requirement and placed them in the poll. If there are any missing that you think should be added, comment below and I'll look at adding them (Again, provided the 2 colour requirement can be met).

Please note that this is NOT a final decision poll, it is purely to give an indication of what people's favourites are. I will need to confirm things like usage rights, wording (of 'slogans' or bylines), printing feasibility etc once an option is chosen, which may mean that the option with the most votes isn't the final choice.

This is a big decision for the project as things like stickers and shirts are going to be printed with the new logo on them, so it's something we need to get right and stick with.

The poll will remain open until December 15th, at which point I'll lock it off and make a decision.

Thanks all who have contributed with suggestions, designs and ideas!
By Old Grey
All those hours on communal refining and the good ones didn't even get in.

I propose that we have 20, 30, or whatever designs, and number our 5 favorites in 1,2,3,4,5 fashion. Remove 0s, and the lowest 5 scores stay. At least it would refine the final vote.

Just copy this

logo# - points
#x - 1
#x - 2
#x - 3
#x - 4
#x - 5
By noisymime
Old Grey wrote:All those hours on communal refining and the good ones didn't even get in.
I put in all the ones that met the 2 colour requirement (and accidentally 1 that didn't). If any of the others are changed to meet it then I'll happily add them too.
By noisymime
evo_lucian wrote:I voted for #3 however i think in the final design, the wording should be extended to take up the full spacing under the "speeduino"
These versions definitely won't be the final ones anyway. With a few of them there are issues with kerning (letter spacing) and similar things that will need slight tweaking in order to be printable anyway.

Also, there is NO WAY I could have "EMS SYSTEMS" there. It's the whole 'ATM Machine' over again :lol:
By PSIG
noisymime wrote:... Also, there is NO WAY I could have "EMS SYSTEMS" there. It's the whole 'ATM Machine' over again :lol:
+1 :D

I see it is nearly neck-and-neck for styled vs hardware imagery, and I envision perhaps the styled inside a hardware circle or object as possibly satisfying both camps. For example, #1 inside the injector outline or inj/plug circle, as it would be 2-color, and the negative "/S¯/" slash would also make for a better standalone miniature PCB-printable variant. Just looking at using poll results for final dev towards goals.

David
By Old Grey
All the logo's are supposed to be on transparent backgrounds, if you are going to include that as a colour they can only all be black.

I though the forum logo can have 2 colours, ie red, black, and the PCB has to all be black.

#3 was never intended as a logo but an idea that I made in 30 secs to inspire people, like the many good ones after that, and #4 was how to handle the red with a mono logo.
By PSIG
Hmmm... changing the logos after voting can be confusing, for me anyway. Image Well, I guess that means we can update with changes as we re-vote?

David
By cx500tc
I am abstaining from voting.

Looking at the selections though, I sort of want to vote for all of them and have a pool of logos the board designer can select from.

Something I'm surprised no one thought of doing, in retrospect, and I'm guilty too... putting in the URL. :oops:
PSIG wrote:Hmmm... changing the logos after voting can be confusing, for me anyway. Image Well, I guess that means we can update with changes as we re-vote?

David
I think the point is get the "style" down, then tweak the presentation, the little things like coloration, transparency and such.
By cx500tc
Thought I might add, and @noisymime can confirm if it would be okay to follow through on this....

If there are suggestions to blend aspects of the above together, like maybe use #1 to infil #5 so it's "monochrome" / PCB compatible, or other stylistic tweaks, maybe bring them up now.

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

See my earlier post . The Base Tune sets t[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?