Anything else whatsoever... Keep it clean though.
By cx500tc
benyps wrote:
PSIG wrote:You will have to experiment. I have run LEDs with no resistor and very short pulses to get full brightness, and they worked fine for a long time. No guarantees. ;) Certainly do not reduce resistance lower than needed to keep the LED at its "normal" brightness.

David
:mrgreen:
last time working with leds i blow up on of them :mrgreen:
Pictures or it didn't happen.

;)
By zomesi
Old Grey wrote:That red inductive clamp has to be close to the plug and the right way around - one side faces the plug -, at least for mine.

The LED on the timing light shows it has power, now you just have to get it triggering.
thanks.if you could took a pic and put here.

cx500tc wrote:
benyps wrote:
PSIG wrote:You will have to experiment. I have run LEDs with no resistor and very short pulses to get full brightness, and they worked fine for a long time. No guarantees. ;) Certainly do not reduce resistance lower than needed to keep the LED at its "normal" brightness.

David
:mrgreen:

;)
can you explaine your words.sorry i didnt undrestand...my english is crap!
By cx500tc
benyps wrote:
cx500tc wrote:
benyps wrote: :mrgreen:

;)
It is a 'joke' or humor. It means that if there is no proof showing it happened, it did not happen.
I only thought it was funny, thinking about someone blowing up LED's. :D
But do not worry. You do not have to put pictures here.
By zomesi
cx500tc wrote:
benyps wrote:
cx500tc wrote:

;)
It is a 'joke' or humor. It means that if there is no proof showing it happened, it did not happen.
I only thought it was funny, thinking about someone blowing up LED's. :D
But do not worry. You do not have to put pictures here.
haha!
it didnt actulyy blow up.
its color turned to black and a little smoke comes out of it :D
By zomesi
guys
last night i was working on the timing light
i conected the blue to gnd and the green into +12
and the black one to the oc1 from the wire that goes from driver coil into coil 1-4
and the light start flashing but when i rev up the engine the flash goes faster and then suddenly it turned of!!!
and then never worked!even in idle rpm.
any idea whats wrong? :geek: :cry:
By cx500tc
Only thing I can think is these older timing lights are meant to sense the voltage through the plug wire and flash. Connecting the board up directly to a source for flashing might work for a bit but when it's working as an inductive light, it's isolated from back-EMF, and if directly connected it is not.
By zomesi
cx500tc wrote:Only thing I can think is these older timing lights are meant to sense the voltage through the plug wire and flash. Connecting the board up directly to a source for flashing might work for a bit but when it's working as an inductive light, it's isolated from back-EMF, and if directly connected it is not.
sorry didng get the point!
what should i do so?
By cx500tc
benyps wrote:
cx500tc wrote:Only thing I can think is these older timing lights are meant to sense the voltage through the plug wire and flash. Connecting the board up directly to a source for flashing might work for a bit but when it's working as an inductive light, it's isolated from back-EMF, and if directly connected it is not.
sorry didng get the point!
what should i do so?
When working as an inductive light, clamped on the spark plug wire, it's only sensing the voltage peak in that wire.

When you connect the "trigger" for the light to whatever ignition coil directly, it is not protected from any reverse voltage that may appear on that signal wire.

Also, the older lights do not like "high-voltage" ignition signals, so may fail at voltages above 35-40KV.
Last bumped by zomesi on Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:17 am.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?