Anything else whatsoever... Keep it clean though.
By zomesi
hi..
i just take a timing light from one of my friends
but he didnt know how to use that.
he said it was from an old engine anazyler!!for carbrator engines.
it has 4 wires cuted.3 wires and that wire that goes around coil wire.
i searched in the internet and i found that all of timing lights has 2 wire for power +12 and -gnd and one wire for triger from coil.
now i dont know the last wire is for what?
these are pictures from my timing light.it has power and a led power on when i connect it to battery but NO FLASH for finding advance
(when i tap the last wire(black) to the -gnd i got a few flashes.but theyr not correct and when i put that completly on gnd there is NO flashes at all)
Last edited by zomesi on Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
By cx500tc
benyps wrote:guys

no one?!!

help!
Not sure what I can offer here, but obviously two wires are +V and GND. The other two connect to the inductive pickup- the clamp that goes around the spark plug wire.

And stop yelling at us! ;)
By PSIG
There are many timing light types, and the "green" wire can do different things. If you have a digital readout, it might be used for voltage measurement. If you do not have any kind of voltage readout, then the green wire often goes to the coil(-) to sense firing instead of using the inductive pickup. Some lights use it with a different pickup for diesel timing.

Try reversing the inductive pickup on the spark plug wire (arrow ► normally points to plug, try it backwards), or laying it along-side the wire, and away from other wires. Inductive pickups are weird, and sometimes need strange positioning to get a good signal.

David
By zomesi
PSIG wrote:There are many timing light types, and the "green" wire can do different things. If you have a digital readout, it might be used for voltage measurement. If you do not have any kind of voltage readout, then the green wire often goes to the coil(-) to sense firing instead of using the inductive pickup. Some lights use it with a different pickup for diesel timing.

Try reversing the inductive pickup on the spark plug wire (arrow ► normally points to plug, try it backwards), or laying it along-side the wire, and away from other wires. Inductive pickups are weird, and sometimes need strange positioning to get a good signal.

David
thanks david
a question!
if i wire postive of an led to +12 volt and connect the gnd of the led to the spark out put of speeduino
will i get a timing light based on speeduino spark trigring? :mrgreen: :geek:
By PSIG
Yes, but it may be blurry as the LED will be ON during the entire dwell period, while the crank rotates. Not just the spark duration. Try it!

David
By zomesi
PSIG wrote:Yes, but it may be blurry as the LED will be ON during the entire dwell period, while the crank rotates. Not just the spark duration. Try it!

David
ok david
between 12volt and led is 330 ohms resistor enough? :geek:
By PSIG
You will have to experiment. I have run LEDs with no resistor and very short pulses to get full brightness, and they worked fine for a long time. No guarantees. ;) Certainly do not reduce resistance lower than needed to keep the LED at its "normal" brightness.

David
By zomesi
PSIG wrote:You will have to experiment. I have run LEDs with no resistor and very short pulses to get full brightness, and they worked fine for a long time. No guarantees. ;) Certainly do not reduce resistance lower than needed to keep the LED at its "normal" brightness.

David
:mrgreen:
last time working with leds i blow up on of them :mrgreen:

thanks for helping david.i will post here after testing
By Old Grey
That red inductive clamp has to be close to the plug and the right way around - one side faces the plug -, at least for mine.

The LED on the timing light shows it has power, now you just have to get it triggering.

I rewired a few grounds and tested the TPS and rel[…]

Thanks, car runs great now !!! Going to drift even[…]

sauver moteur v8

bonsoir je m appel jean marie et j habite en Franc[…]

Ignition Angle doubled?

I just erased the flash, went back to 2023-10, cre[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?