Anything else whatsoever... Keep it clean though.
By Old Grey
The Fritzing forum is useless so I'll ask here.

This is what FZ+ say, but it doesn't make sense.
The hole itself should be at least 40mils (~1mm) thick, so you would actually need to create a circle which is at least 60mils (~1.5mm) wide in diameter, because half of the stroke is drawn inside the circle.
What size does the hole get drilled in relation to the drawn line in Inkscape Plain SVG.

In a PCB part view where a hole gets drilled in the PCB, a technical drawing of the hole(circle) has thickness(stroke). So does the hole get drilled the same size as the outside diameter of the circle, the inside diameter, or the mean(PCD) diameter. Eg a 4.0mm Inkscape hole with a stroke of 0.25mm has an OD of 4.0, ID of 3.5, and a PCD 3.75.
By RichCreations
I think what they are saying is this:

You line that defines the hole is 1mm wide, half of which is one each side of the line, lets say I want a 3mm hole, I will now need to add the width of the stroke, to my desired diameter, I draw a 4mm circle (at the center of the stroke) what I get is a 5mm circle, with a 3mm inner hole.

Don't quote me on this...

BTW, have you tried EagleCAD? It might just make your life a lot easier...
By Old Grey
Josh's stuff is Fritz, so I'm kind-of using that.

Inkscape is a bit weird because if you draw circle with the mouse the displayed diameter is the centreline of the stroke, or the pitch circle diameter(PCD), so with a 1mm stroke your measurements are correct. But if you the modify the circle with the attributes toolbar at the top, the OD of the circle is displayed as the circle diameter.

Fritx's explanation is weird because they are adding 1.5mm - I think to the PCD - if the stroke is 1mm. Even 40mils is weird, in machining we use 0.040" thou.

I don't know why they just don't say that the white inside diameter of the circle is going to be the drill size, because that is what it sounds like they are trying to say.

Does Eagle have a good parts library, because I stumbled on to a scrip that can convert parts.
By noisymime
I'm guessing this is in relation to parts creation? If so, whilst I really like Fritzing's concept of how this should work, in reality making parts has been a HUGE pain for me. I've only ever had good success by modifying existing parts rather than starting from scratch.

Wish I could help more, but I haven't played around enough to be able to comment definitively. What might be handy is just doing one up and putting it into Fritzing. Once you've placed it on a project, it should be clear how it will get scaled / sized.

FWIW, I plan on the v0.5 being the last board created in Fritzing. KiCad will likely be what I switch to.
By Old Grey
1 - The stroke of a footprint should be at least 20mils (~0.5mm) thick, otherwise the connection might be ruined while drilling and soldering will be much harder.
2 - The hole itself should be at least 40mils (~1mm) thick, so you would actually need to create a circle which is at least 60mils (~1.5mm) wide in diameter, because half of the stroke is drawn inside the circle.
I wonder if they mean that all strokes are 0.5mm, so if you want a 1mm hole you freehand a circle in Inkscape that displays 1.5mm.

I've had a crash course in parts creation, and I think I have it worked out, well at least parts are being accepted.

If you want to mod a part you export like in the video, open the FZ SVG part in Inkscape, keep on un-grouping to base level - may take many un-groupings -, change the drawing, re-group sections and then re-group everything, add and rename nodes in XML window, drag XML objects to their respective node groups : "silkscreen" and "copper", and save as Plain SVG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JbKdQ7-YDE

If you want to make a new part - this one I haven't fully tested yet -, but you import the PDF technical part drawing into Inkscape, scale it to the exact dimensions, un-group to base level, change the drawing, re-group sections and then re-group everything, - I'm up to here - add and rename nodes in XML window, drag XML objects to their respective node groups : "silkscreen and "copper", and save as Plain SVG.

Fritzing is supposed to get an internal parts creator in Feb.

And I found a Eagle to Fritzing converter.
https://github.com/fritzing/eagle2fritzing

Nearly finished my MPX4250AP to Speeduino orientation - just finishing the hole size now -, and close to finishing my 174917_DENSO-ECU-socket_48pin-040-070, looks like I will have to junk my last 2 weeks of work.
By noisymime
That's fantastic! I'll check it out sometime over the next few days and make sure it lines up with the manual spacing I did on mine as that seems to fit the connector perfectly. Great work though.
By Old Grey
Making a part from scratch was a bear.

Here is my Fritzing 174917_DENSO-ECU-socket_48pin-040-070

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yblhv ... 0-070.fzpz

For PCB view I imported the PDF into Inkscape, scaled it until the outer 2 mount holes were 84.7mm, and then rulered most dimensions and checked they were correct.

EDIT I made the 3 mount holes 4.2mm like Josh's, even though the drawing says 3.5mm

I read that you can 3D gerber it to check that the holes actually exist, but I haven't done that.

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?