Anything else whatsoever... Keep it clean though.
Yachtsman wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 1:55 pm
infinityedge wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 1:50 pm
Yachtsman wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 12:50 pm It's rare that fields of plants are ever irrigated in the UK unless they are in a glass house.
So?

Half of your needed food for humans comes from abroad. You do not have the ability to use farmland for fuel production and thus your growing conditions are moot.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... tudy-finds

That's why we've got so much packing waste.
Unless you are buying produce at the farmer's market, direct from farmers, packaging will be the same regardless of the place of origin.

Now go back to the actual argument. You claim that ethanol's huge water demands don't matter because the UK doesn't irrigate. I say that doesn't apply to the argument because the UK can't even grow enough food to feed its people therefore it would be beyond stupid to ever dedicate farmland for fuel ethanol production in the UK.

Address the actual claims made, don't just continue on with your gish gallop as if those claims were never made. Such tactics make you look even dumber than you are.
infinityedge wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 2:02 pm
Yachtsman wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 12:50 pmBritish Ethanol won't be producing ethanol by any method until my engine is finished.
I don't think you grasp that making fuel ethanol in any quantity is many orders of magnitude harder than swapping out some pistons and tuning for E100. The engine work can be done in a long weekend by a competent tech. Incredibly smart engineers have spent decades trying to create a sustainable ethanol production chain and have yet to succeed. You can't get your simple engine project to run, yet handwave away the supply side like it is easy. This is one of the many reasons why the only person that considers you a subject matter expert on ethanol ICEs is yourself.
I've been thinking about how ethanol would need to be produced off an on for 20 years. I don't belittle the difficulties. Political will will be just important than being a smart engineer and waiting for the right time is important too. A competent tech didn't think of the possibility. An engine as powerful as any petrol engine, but with much less exhaust emissions is all that's needed and the business of the market place
Last edited by Yachtsman on Mon May 29, 2017 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You have proven time and time again that you "thinking" about something is just a waste of glucose.

I have no reason to believe that your political chops are any better than your engineering chops, therefore that tangent is besides the point. Nonetheless, the science and engineering needs to be done first. Despite decades of work, production 2G-5G ethanol plants are still tiny, unable to meet their projected production, and totally economically noncompetitive.

Over that same period of time, solar+batteries has gone from "only affordable by NASA" to "economically competitive against ICE transportation & power generation for middle class 1st worlders." I'm willing to bet that before your engine can take a load, that will further be reduced to "economically competitive for poor folks across the world." I'm also willing to bet that 2G-5G ethanol production (and fusion power) will both be about where they are now.
You think that because you are sold on E.V.cars you can't like ethanol cars while I think ethanol hybrid technology is better than Petroleum hybrid I think E.V. round town but ethanol not petroleum on inter states. I've even told Toyota they should build a Prias with a E85 generator engine to replace the petrol half of the hybrid years ago.

Ethanol plants that use anything else than corn are non- viable in America, because the growers lobbyists make anything else non-viable, read the Tax code.
Last edited by Yachtsman on Mon May 29, 2017 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
infinityedge wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 4:46 pm If you knew as much as you think you know, you'd know that the US has some of the largest and the most advanced 2G-5G plants and research in the world.
I agree the U.S. has, but congress votes as the farm lobbyist want, the US could build ethanol facilities that made 3-5G ethanol cheaper than anywhere in the world, but I can't even get a quote in the UK. I don't want 2G made from corn.
Last edited by Yachtsman on Mon May 29, 2017 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
so who here actually builds stuff in this regard? because im hearing some really heated bs. fuel from waste is the way to go. its simple as heck. there is really nothing more than that.

Im blown away that people HERE dont get the concept.
From the waste you can get alcohols rather than ethanol.. but should i not bring chemistry into this?

Im really missing what the argument against this is.. maybe because there is none?
Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I must have misunderstood what "after f[…]

I've been away from playing cars for a few weeks, […]

I uploaded logs and last tune and dyno plots look[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?