For anything not related to Speeduino, but still about car/bike/boat/engines etc
By Jason Green
dazq wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:03 pm The original gears code was written specifically for a a340e that another speedy member had in his Volvo! It only runs as a paddle shift (or sport stick if your vehicle supports one) manual but may suit your needs? I do recall another member had it in a 4x4 of some kind for rock crawling but forget what make/model the vehicle was( box was a a340 though)

This happen to be the reason i decided to go out and make my own solution with full auto selective modes (normal, eco, sport, semi auto & manual) obviously i started with just a basic auto and its just turned into how can i make it better and grow it to work with multiple boxes and make it useful to other people.
By cra1g.b
Mr_Hypnotic wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:17 pm
Jason Green wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:42 am
Mr_Hypnotic wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:21 pm That looks interesting. What trans have you tested this on?
I have only tested on ASIN Transmissions specific to my requirements (A340e, A350e & A650e) but once im 100% happy i will release stripped down version of the software/hardware to the community i need to sort out my tunerstudio intergration and rewrite a few bits to work with TS.
Very cool! I do have a few A340's in Jeeps that I have been thinking about upgrading the controls. I'm not satisfied with the factory shift settings. I would also like to work with the 8hp70.
I am in the process of doing an 8hp70 gearbox conversion into one of my cars as a project and have been doing alot of research on standalone controller options, has any of you guys had any success with a board and code that works with the 8hp gearboxes?
By Mr_Hypnotic
cra1g.b wrote:
I am in the process of doing an 8hp70 gearbox conversion into one of my cars as a project and have been doing alot of research on standalone controller options, has any of you guys had any success with a board and code that works with the 8hp gearboxes?
i just purchased an 8hp70 for a project. I haven't decided how I am going to control it yet. I definitely want auto shift though. This project doesn't have a good place for a manual gear selector. What options are you considering?
By 1UZ-FTW
Blown300ZX wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:06 pm Hi Arduino Gurus.
Just joined the forum. I have developed an Arduino Mega into a transmission controller for my A341E transmission fitted behind a Blown 1UZFE lexus engine in a Nissan 300ZX. The controller shifts the transmission in auto mode and has a manual tiptronic mode using paddles on the steering wheel. I use an LCD and 7 segment display to display gears and other info. I'm looking for others who may have developed something similar to share ideas and make improvements. Drop me a note if you are interested. Thanks
Blown300zx, I sure wish you were around the Austin Texas area for me to pick your brain! I really want what you have in a transmission controller and as simple as it may be for some of the folks on here I just can’t yet wrap my mind around the simple task of managing 4 solenoids in order to turn my 1UZFE/A340 SC400 into a paddle shift auto… please, if/when you have time reach out to me and point me in the direction where I might be able to gather the resources necessary to achieve this.. I have been wanting to go full manual but after an accident and the surgeries that have followed (one just two weeks ago) I am left without an effective and reliable way to function in order to get the most out of a 3 pedal setup… it would make my entire year if you would help me make this option a reality..

thanks everyone, and I apologize for coming to this party a little late but I couldn’t resist chiming in when i saw what it was I was seeking after so much time looking into other routes and finding they would not work with my current physical capabilities..
By dazq
1UZ-FTW wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:06 pm
Blown300ZX wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:06 pm Hi Arduino Gurus.
Just joined the forum. I have developed an Arduino Mega into a transmission controller for my A341E transmission fitted behind a Blown 1UZFE lexus engine in a Nissan 300ZX. The controller shifts the transmission in auto mode and has a manual tiptronic mode using paddles on the steering wheel. I use an LCD and 7 segment display to display gears and other info. I'm looking for others who may have developed something similar to share ideas and make improvements. Drop me a note if you are interested. Thanks
Blown300zx, I sure wish you were around the Austin Texas area for me to pick your brain! I really want what you have in a transmission controller and as simple as it may be for some of the folks on here I just can’t yet wrap my mind around the simple task of managing 4 solenoids in order to turn my 1UZFE/A340 SC400 into a paddle shift auto… please, if/when you have time reach out to me and point me in the direction where I might be able to gather the resources necessary to achieve this.. I have been wanting to go full manual but after an accident and the surgeries that have followed (one just two weeks ago) I am left without an effective and reliable way to function in order to get the most out of a 3 pedal setup… it would make my entire year if you would help me make this option a reality..

thanks everyone, and I apologize for coming to this party a little late but I couldn’t resist chiming in when i saw what it was I was seeking after so much time looking into other routes and finding they would not work with my current physical capabilities..
My gears project (see wiki) supports the a340 with paddle manual shift.
By 1UZ-FTW
dazq wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:25 am
My gears project (see wiki) supports the a340 with paddle manual shift.
Thanks dazq.. I am blown away that I’ve found this to even be such a simple possibility.. I appreciate you pointing me toward what I’ve been seeking..
By DStage
dazq wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:25 am My gears project (see wiki)
What wiki? I looked in the whole thread and couldn't find any link to repo or other form of documentation... Hints required ;-)

We will be packing BMW transmission together with RB25 to my friends S13. We have everything except controller and time to do it :lol:
By Mr_Hypnotic
DStage wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:12 pm
dazq wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:25 am My gears project (see wiki)
What wiki? I looked in the whole thread and couldn't find any link to repo or other form of documentation... Hints required ;-)

We will be packing BMW transmission together with RB25 to my friends S13. We have everything except controller and time to do it :lol:
https://github.com/Autohome2/dxControl-Gears

http://i.imgur.com/jcGk3A4.gif

Always going to be one, I have completed 3 convers[…]

Do i have to do something in arduino software ? i […]

STM32 development

Not yet, I have been too busy to look into it but […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?