For anything not related to Speeduino, but still about car/bike/boat/engines etc
By AX53
Hey. Have anyone tried tuning with an SLC Free 2 (Sigma Lambda Controller Free 2)?
https://www.14point7.com/products/sigma ... ler-free-2

Supposedly it's a wideband. I've only seen it read out lambda range though where stoich is 1.
Is it possible to convert the read out to AFR, and is it possible to plug this into a Speeduino to do close-loop and data logging?

Thanks for helping a noob out!
By AX53
Perfect. thank you! :D
I noticed that they are sold from canada however which means 30 dollars shipping and 25% VAT on the price & shipping..
Is there any european website which sells this?
By dazq
LPG2CV wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:05 pm In the UK there is ldperformance. They do a wideband controller
Its a robust bit of kit.
They also sell an adv sensor version.
There is a 5% discount code for them on here I posted up a while back they offered us 😁
By DStage
Hi

Few years back I have made my own PCB as an improved version of SLC Free 1. I believe version 2 is somewhat similar to mine being SMD but I have also added active filtering and better voltage reference Also I have modified the code as at least back then the free/open one could only display bar-graph on the 2x16 LCD. I managed to squeeze in (very little space left in the flash) both bar-graph and numeric AFR as well as temperature. I can share gerbers and code if anyone is interested.

Photo below shows it with earlier SW where I haven't yet decided to display the bar-graph instead of my "Logo" ;-) The board is tiny - about half the size of display. It supports LSU4.9 and has linear output as well as narrowband sensor simulating one . Recently I was also thinking about alternative code version to work with 7seg LED display which might be more visible in the car.

You can have a glance of it with nicer display and bar-graph here: https://youtu.be/b9U40pY0SEY?t=276
Attachments
IMG_20170410_225303.jpg
IMG_20170410_225303.jpg (339.16 KiB) Viewed 9014 times
IMG_20170410_225132.jpg
IMG_20170410_225132.jpg (304.8 KiB) Viewed 9014 times
IMG_20170410_225809.jpg
IMG_20170410_225809.jpg (306.62 KiB) Viewed 9014 times
By PSIG
Certainly a good base to option features. As we know what the numbers mean, perhaps the numbers could be a big font for easy reading? Also, as I'm one for readable gauges at-a-glance without numbers that need to be read (racing-style), the incremental bar is attractive to me. Perhaps 8-segment, 0.7 to 1.15 lambda (10-17 gas AFR)? Good stuff.

LCD_big_font.png
LCD_big_font.png (102.85 KiB) Viewed 8961 times
By DStage
Nice idea with the big font however it was quite a struggle already to fit into this tiny flash space authors have left free. On the other hand without the bar-graph there would be extra space from where the LUT for that was... Hmm I can think about it. Just have to find a bit more hours in a day :D

Here's a frame from the video showing the bar-graph as I couldn't find proper photo at the moment and I'm too lazy to take a new one.
Attachments
SLC.PNG
SLC.PNG (536.75 KiB) Viewed 8959 times
By ManySide
DStage wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:57 pm Nice idea with the big font however it was quite a struggle already to fit into this tiny flash space authors have left free. On the other hand without the bar-graph there would be extra space from where the LUT for that was... Hmm I can think about it. Just have to find a bit more hours in a day :D

Here's a frame from the video showing the bar-graph as I couldn't find proper photo at the moment and I'm too lazy to take a new one.
Hello, could you share the gerberas and the code? Thanks.
By Chipboy
I can share gerbers and code if anyone is interested.

I will second that request for gerbers and code, that would be excellent!

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?