For anything not related to Speeduino, but still about car/bike/boat/engines etc
Thought this community might be interested in the Arduino 4L80E controller I've built and is currently working in my 77 turbocharged Corvette.

4L80E is a very heavy duty GM electronically controlled 4 speed overdrive transmission. Widely used in high HP applications.

Here is some of the basic functionality:
It controls the 4l80E. Has multiple operating modes including cruise, sport, burnout and drag mode. Each mode has its own shifting strategies, boost targets as well as other characteristics.
PWMs all the fans: 2 radiator, 2 intercooler, trans cooler and oil cooler
PWMs the two fuel pumps
PWMs the alternator
Connects to the AEM infinity engine management with CANBUS
Controls Boost in each gear in each mode
Displays alarms from AEM or itself.
Triggers the AEM two step
Controls the backup lights
Controls the brake lights
Scramble button
Fuel level sensor
Paddle shifting input
Line pressure input
Shifter position input
4L80E temperature input
7" touch screen display and control center. Also used to edit hundreds of operating parameters and save to NVram .
Nice.8-) Good to see another here that has put the time in and is willing to share. Welcome!

It would appear you would be a great asset in the cross-development of yours and the Gears version of GPIO. I look forward to how this can all come together.

David
Don't know anything about "Gears" yet, but I'll be glad to help where possible.

Let me know if there are specific questions.

I have no intentions of commercializing this and am willing to share. However, I've got about 14000 lines of code in the current version, so I'm not sure a complete code dump is in order. About half of my code is generated by an excel macro to deal with NVram and the touchscreen i/o functions. This lets me update NVram variables or various touchscreen characteristics in excel, run an macro which generates two sections of include code, and not need to make code updates manually. I can change hundreds of variables from the touchscreen in an editor screen, for example if I want to change the upshift slope endpoint of second gear in cruise mode or the maximum boost in first gear in sport mode.

I also have some knowledge of PWMing fans, fuel pumps and have implemented electric power steering in my Vette.
Hey, is there anyone who knows about a multimeter? A multimeter is a tool that helps to diagnose the electric issues of the vehicle. Someone told me about this and it not only helps to diagnose the issue of the vehicle but also helps to diagnose any electric product in your home like your pc, speakers, etc. My friend gave me a link https://handtoolsforfun.com/multimeter-advice/ where all the details of multimeter and its usage have been provided. I found the tool very helpful you can also get information about it from the net or from the site and please tell me your views on the tool.
Was my earlier post fishy? ;) However, there isn't much here for what info you have or even lessons learned that would be of interest to others. At this point it appears to be a generalized overview, brag thread or advertisement without much sharing or content. If you add some info or ideas that others could use beyond being spectators, that could likely increase interest.

If you have any apprehension due to perceived liability, then simply make clear that these are simply your experiences, shared for intellectual knowledge, and that you make no recommendation to do or not do anything similar or different. These types of statements are prevalent here and elsewhere for reference, if you believe anything is required.

I'm not raining on your or praising you, nor telling you to do or not do anything, but simply responding to your comments. Do your thing! 8-)
PSIG wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:16 pm Was my earlier post fishy? ;)
The fishy post was the one on the multimeter.
PSIG wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:16 pm However, there isn't much here for what info you have or even lessons learned that would be of interest to others. At this point it appears to be a generalized overview, brag thread or advertisement without much sharing or content. If you add some info or ideas that others could use beyond being spectators, that could likely increase interest.

If you have any apprehension due to perceived liability, then simply make clear that these are simply your experiences, shared for intellectual knowledge, and that you make no recommendation to do or not do anything similar or different. These types of statements are prevalent here and elsewhere for reference, if you believe anything is required.

I'm not raining on your or praising you, nor telling you to do or not do anything, but simply responding to your comments. Do your thing! 8-)
Oh I see where you're coming from. I think you've got me all wrong. I guess I failed to mention in my first post that I'm not in business and am willing to share experiences and code. But that shouldn't have stopped anyone interested in asking questions.

I have a solid track history of starting numerous "how to" threads on other boards, where I share complete detail information on useful upgrades including schematics and code.

Still waiting for questions.
Upload the firmware etc to GitHub then we can all peruse and if we have questions we will ask
dazq wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:19 pm Upload the firmware etc to GitHub then we can all peruse and if we have questions we will ask
Did you read what I wrote almost a year ago?

"I have no intentions of commercializing this and am willing to share. However, I've got about 14000 lines of code in the current version, so I'm not sure a complete code dump is in order. About half of my code is generated by an excel macro to deal with NVram and the touchscreen i/o functions."

Much of the code is not related to controlling the transmission. Other parts of the code I'm still working on, for example, throttle plate boost control, which I don't think is good enough to share yet. I'll reiterate.. I don't think a full dump is a good idea at this time. If you're saying you want all or nothing, then I have nothing to offer at this time.

Maybe I'm naive, but someone who is interested in a transmission controller might ask. How do you handle kickdown? What's your logic for applying lockup? How is sport mode different from cruise mode or burnout mode or drag mode? What's the relation between line pressure and load? What frequency does the 4L80E pressure solenoid like?

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?