For anything not related to Speeduino, but still about car/bike/boat/engines etc
By osvandre
JHolland wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:37 pm Did you get this system running? I bought a similar system a while back but then had to go away on business for a year.
I was under the impression that the ECUs were based on the Freescale small engine development board, what processor does it use?
Hello, I am looking to create a unit for small single cylinder engines and I found this topic, some news ??

JHolland Do you have any knowledge about these Freescale microprocessors? Today I was able to open a ECU on a motorcycle and I came across a processor of that.

The idea is to read his file to have a base file of adjustment, to later develop my adjustment based on the mechanical modifications of the moticicleta in Speeduino.
greetings
By JHolland
osvandre wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:13 pm
JHolland wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:37 pm Did you get this system running? I bought a similar system a while back but then had to go away on business for a year.
I was under the impression that the ECUs were based on the Freescale small engine development board, what processor does it use?
JHolland Do you have any knowledge about these Freescale microprocessors? Today I was able to open a ECU on a motorcycle and I came across a processor of that.
A few years back Freescale were marketing several designs, mostly into the Asian markets, there was a reference design produced that at least one company was selling as part of a conversion. I do have the files for it somewhere, they may well be on the web, I did find their presentation here:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/traini ... -F0002.pdf

I think it may be the same processor used by MS, later conversions seem to have adopted the MS firmware.
By osvandre

A few years back Freescale were marketing several designs, mostly into the Asian markets, there was a reference design produced that at least one company was selling as part of a conversion. I do have the files for it somewhere, they may well be on the web, I did find their presentation here:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/traini ... -F0002.pdf

I think it may be the same processor used by MS, later conversions seem to have adopted the MS firmware.
Hello
Interesting, I have this micro in the ECU, I do not know if to discuss this I should start a new topic.
I'll try to understand this file you sent and see if I can find a way to access the file.
Thank you

By JHolland
It may have MS firmware, I would try to trace the connections from the UART and then see if I could connect using TunerStudio.
By PSIG
osvandre wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:58 am Interesting, I have this micro in the ECU, I do not know if to discuss this I should start a new topic.
This system should be discussed here as only an interest or curiosity and for information. This system does not involve Speeduino. IMO, if the conversation progresses to where it involves Speeduino, then other threads on the Speeduino forums would be appropriate. ;) For example, an outline of how you converted this system to Speeduino control.

David
By osvandre
PSIG wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:43 pm
osvandre wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:58 am Interesting, I have this micro in the ECU, I do not know if to discuss this I should start a new topic.
This system should be discussed here as only an interest or curiosity and for information. This system does not involve Speeduino. IMO, if the conversation progresses to where it involves Speeduino, then other threads on the Speeduino forums would be appropriate. ;) For example, an outline of how you converted this system to Speeduino control.

David

The initial idea is exactly this, to convert the motorcycle system to speeduino, so that you can configure the operating parameters, this will be done one way or another.
The possibility to read the information of this micro was to be able to have the values of factory basic adjustment for a base map of adjustment.
By PSIG
osvandre wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:51 pm The possibility to read the information of this micro was to be able to have the values of factory basic adjustment for a base map of adjustment.
This comes up a lot, and trying to pull existing tune info should only be for curiosity. You don't even know if the tune info is garbage or great. It will change in any case when translated to Speeduino, so you're not saving any time and likely in for more effort trying to make it work. IMO, the quickest and easiest path to success is to install Speeduino and tune it. That's me. Do your thing. 8-)

David
By theonewithin
^ This.

Load base tune. Generate a set of maps.

Go from there.

That's what i did. Worked well enough to get started which is all you need.
By osvandre
Yes, I have come to the conclusion that directly to speeduino will be easier.
Now the mission is to know what hardware I will need exactly to make it work, I believe I will use the NO2C, I will dedicate my day today to know what I will need exactly to be able to make this system as cheaply as possible.
thank you all
By LAV1000
It might be better to start a new posting.
Start whit describing the engine you have and the stuf that is already on it.
And your goal on this engine.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?